Tiffy Tech Pay

Not wishing to open a can of worms about 'to Tiff, or not to Tiff', but a few Tech Tiffies at Arborfield have recently recieved bumper pay (back pay) packets. The 'word on the street' is that the Tiffy Tech pay structure is/has changed. Anyone got a definitive answer? Tiffy / Tech bashers don't bother!

I would post this in the agc forum you might get an answer or RHQ forum

This seems to be occuring to guys who were promoted just after Pay 2000. (Me included) On the day before being promoted to SSGT we were down as whatever band but on the lower scale. On promotion to SSGT we've gone up the scale but also becoming Artificers we should move across to high band. What should have happened is that we should have moved across on the same scale to the high band but what actually happened is that we were moved to high band level 1. So we have been paid a coupel of bands less than we should have for 5 years and have just received the money that we should have been getting back. I've just got £6k.

For those who haven't got it yet don't panic, Im under the impression that there are more batches of payments to come however it may just be the case that you've been paid correctly so you aren't entitled to anything.

Im a lot cheaper than that pal!

and i dont even like grapes

insttech said:
Not wishing to open a can of worms about 'to Tiff, or not to Tiff', but a few Tech Tiffies at Arborfield have recently recieved bumper pay (back pay) packets.
Quasimodo was a tiffy

he got back pay..................

and a lump sum.....................

and a crate of bells.................(stoppit!!)

Any update on this guys???? As i haven't got any of this back pay or CEG pay, but the majority of my Tiffy course have. Does anyone know what the qualifying criteria is or who I can get in touch with who would know?

Cheers

Speak with your RAO, and he/she should be able to aid you in your quest. But as with a lot of things this does take some time, I know of a lot of poeple who are still waiting for the backpay, it is in the post.....

As pointed out below above by tiffy A mech, this is not just a tech thing... this seems to apply to all tiffy courses which have passed out over the last 3 years...

From what i have heard so far, it is down to what increment level you were on as a Sgt when you graduated. Ie if you finished the tiffy course as an increment level 6 Sgt, then you enter as a SSgt level 6..

or if you were just made up to Sgt for the tiffy course then you would probably finish the course at inc level 3 and go in at level 3 SSgt.

This is only what i have heard and may well be wrong.... i would suggest waiting for a statement from Glasgow (if they ever produce one) as i have heard of several people consulting lawyers over this already as they find SSgts on more pay than them as WO2's with less service..

Dont think this is going to be resolved anytime soon.

enoch said:
From what i have heard so far, it is down to what increment level you were on as a Sgt when you graduated. Ie if you finished the tiffy course as an increment level 6 Sgt, then you enter as a SSgt level 6..
or if you were just made up to Sgt for the tiffy course then you would probably finish the course at inc level 3 and go in at level 3 SSgt.

This is only what i have heard and may well be wrong....
Well that would give you a jump of over a tenner for passing the course! I thought it was just the usual over you go on the next Rank as long as its above 2-3% (Level 5 Stripey goes to Level 1 SSgt)etc etc.
Be good if it is, worth the divorce, grey or bald heads and a zillion months at Dirtdon or Arborofffield tho'? Although it might send a few more well needed people to the dark side!
Cant see it tho' Money is Money and they dont just give it away.

"Im a professional cynic,but my heart's not in it" Blur

as i said above, it is only what i have heard... although i have seen evidence of this as well..

I myself finished as a level 6 Sgt and have ended up now as a level 7 SSgt and 3 years of back pay (thanks very much)

Another person who in a different trade but on a parrellel course finished as a level 4 Sgt and is now a level 6 SSgt waiting on level 7 increment next month. They have just picked up as well which means they will jump in at level 9 WO2 due to the minimum 2% pay rise.

Maybe its worth the heartache after all.. :D :D

Has anyone got the definitive answer to this pay thing yet???? There are 2 of us from our Tiffy course that have had bugger all back yet, but the rest of the course have received varying amounts. One has moved up to Level 6!!!! from level 2??? and goes up another level in a few months.

Anyone???

Thanks

Latest Threads