Tiffy/Artisan

Probably a bit of a bone question for all you seasoned larks out there, but as a wet-behind-the-ears nig just about to start on my trade training, can someone explain to me the difference between a tiffy and an artisan?

Ta muchly for any help. And no, this is not a Wah...

Cheers mate, much appreciated.

Well that's two pages of being at each others necks ruined.

Oh no, feel free. This is an open battle royale....

Doesn't the difference between a tiffy and an artisan normally equate to (roughly) thirty years?

secret_squirrel1989 said:
Probably a bit of a bone question for all you seasoned larks out there, but as a wet-behind-the-ears nig just about to start on my trade training, can someone explain to me the difference between a tiffy and an artisan?

Ta muchly for any help. And no, this is not a Wah...
An Artisan is generally good at one thing and a Tiffy isn't quite as good at a lot of things.

Here we fecking go again Scotia!!!!!!lol

I think I need to add that Artisans smell of boiled cabbage and are paid a low rate wage by the Army, where us Artificers are a bit bit more socially acceptable on the hygene front and get paid by Loreal............cos we are worth it................24A moving now................. :p

E

EScotia

flieslikeabeagle said:
Here we fecking go again Scotia!!!!!!lol
Not playing as I'm on leave. Slaggin off seasoned Artisans and baiting fresh young tiffies is for the armys time, not mine :D

Amazing isn't it? A Corps full of electrical and mechanical engineers and the concept of a well oiled machine comprising different components each of which is required to make it work still isn't understood.

verticalgyro said:
oldfart said:
Amazing isn't it? A Corps full of electrical and mechanical engineers and the concept of a well oiled machine comprising different components each of which is required to make it work still isn't understood.
I admire anyone who is as optimistic as you are. Suggesting that the Corps is a well oiled machine! DO you work at DEME(A) ?
PMSL - OK have to give you that one - and the answer's No!

Tiffy Baiting should be an Olympic Sport along with Lemon Sucking for Artisans!!!!.
"An Artificer has the theoretical knowledge & ability to be an excellent Mechanical or Electrical Engineer,whereas the Artisan has the practical knowledge & ability & is already an excellent Mechanical & Electrical Engineer and by virtue of his ability can assist the Artificer to attain excellence."
That is a direct quote from my Great Uncle who served as an Artificer in the RA & then REME and reached the rank of ASM.He said that without his Artisans he was nothing more than a glorified Technical Clerk.
We should function like a well oiled machine but the world is not perfect,so as it is we should be reasonably happy.I think we have it just about right.
I am an ARTISAN and proud of it.
ARTE ET MARTE

As a former Artisan, all I can say is I served with some good Tiffies & some bad ones. Way of life unfortunately.

Time for another special coffee, break out the baileys - whoops I mean brown sugar !!!!!

Nobby

Nobby_REME said:
As a former Artisan, all I can say is I served with some good Tiffies & some bad ones. Way of life unfortunately.

Time for another special coffee, break out the baileys - whoops I mean brown sugar !!!!!

Nobby
Aye, me too mate, along with some good artisans and some who were not so good.

2 'sugars' in mine please Nobby :)

oldfart said:
Shame we're using the wrong feckin oil!

Ps - Tiffys are gay! (Thought I'd better get that in.) :)