Tidworth

Discussion in 'Juniors' started by Lewellen, Aug 28, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi

I'm a B Mech VM and soon due posting and would quite like Tidworth, but i'm not really sure of units there.

I know the KRH are there at the moment but does anyone know if they are due a tour or any major moves or anything soon?

Any help would be much appreciated

Cheers

Mat

2. There's 4 & 6 CS and 104 FS Bns REME.

3. Yeah, i've just done over 3 years at a battalion so fancy an LAD. Just wanted some personal opinions of units if anyone has any.

4. 22 Engr Regt, Royal Welsh. You can't really go wrong with the RE, just avoid 4,6,104 or anything with Signals in the title.

• Like Like x 1
  5. yeah cheers for that, sounds about right

6. 26 Engr Regt as well at Perham Down with 22, plus at least a couple more units of 12 Mech Bde.

7. I know, I just prefer the people in 22's LAD.

8. I thought this was a thread about units in Tidworth, not who you'd prefer to take your ablutions with?

9. 1 RHA, the CO is a very nice man, he also likes cricket.

10. does anyone know if any of these units are due to deploy on ops or any maor exercises any time in the near future?

11. I'm sorry, as you'd quoted me I'd assumed you had posted for my benefit rather than the OP's. I had given him my personal recommendations. I could have listed the entire garrison I suppose.

12. You could very well could have..........and very boring it would have been too!!

Just demonstating that there are a wide diversity of units there, something that may well be obvious to us but not so obvious to the reader.....or did you forget that they don't cover mind reading until the Tiffy course?

And thanks for the stains on the sofa, they still won't come out.

• Like Like x 1
  13. All part of the service.

• Like Like x 1
  14. KRH a due a tour later this year I believe, and 2 RTR are not long back IIRC. Black covies are well ally, cow-turd colour beret not so. If you like feathers, one of the budgie Bns are there, couldn't say if they're due a tour or not. Totally agree with Spaz, avoid anything with 'Signal' in it unless you like sawing nametapes on PCS and trying to be anything but the trade you are to impress teeth arms.

I know it's not 'teeth arms' any longer, but just because they changed it, doesn't make it right!