Tidworth Job

Discussion in 'Jobs (Discussion)' started by western, May 10, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Another one hat hit my inbox to-day:

Salary: £45,000 - £55,000 depending on experience
    Benefits: Car allowance

Company Overview
    Our client a large Consortia made up by a large multidisciplinary consulting and main contracting organisations formed nearly four years ago to deliver the largest Ministry of Defence PFI contracts to the Army at Aldershot and across the Army garrisons of Salisbury Plain. They are working with the MoD, through a partnering agreement, to provide 18,000 Army and civilian personnel with a modern living and working environment over the next 35 years this single contract is worth £8 Billion.

The Role
    You will be required to provide engineering support to the Services Support team and other central departments as well as the Garrison Management Teams.
    You will be required to coordinate and manage CDM issues (as Principal Contractor) in line with the new CDM Regulations 2007To provide strategic and technical support. This will include undertaking studies, ROM costing and some estimating. To manage involvement and contribution to the Design, Build and Transition Management Plan. To provide strategic ownership of the Acceptance into Service for the New Build. Management of the Services Support Processes and Procedures required for ISO 9001.

Qualifications and Experience

Chartered Engineer in construction related discipline preferably M&E.
    Proven experience of property related industry in the field of project management or building services management and a proven track record in Estate and Property Maintenance Management or similar type contract.

Totally familiar with either: IEE, H&S Legislation, CDM and ISO 9001, 18000 and 14001. experience of working in a Defence PFI environment would be beneficial.

Jamie Ali - MREC Cert RP
    National Business Manager
    MoD Division
    Tel: 02380 636614

2. Western,

I am not a QM and am not yet on the resettlement run but my days are numbered and if my ticket doesn't come up this summer, I will be scouring the job ads. This one looks like a good number for someone.

Thanks for posting it!

3. It's all about getting the balance right with these. I am not a recruiter but I do receive a huge number of these due to my job. If I see any that look good for service/ex service people I will post here. One word of advice to anyone here reading; do not be put off by qualifications you may not have and take control of the 'recruiter'. Remember they are salesmen and I have found that they are looking for an easy placement.