Ticks

Indeed, should we talk to them?
Not until we have a load for tgt use. If you want to sell then we better have at least one for each crowd.

The barnes one will be expensive.

ugly

LE
Ok, I know the original 140 grainers aren't made anymore but plenty of 140 grain pills out there in 7mm many as factory options in the 7x57 loading.

Funniest thing I've heard for ages

Lady I know, just got back from Honeymoon, part of the trip was in Scotland

Anyway camping in Scotland, and her bloke gets a tick on his John Thomas

Just remember folks, camping shops sell Tick removal devices....better than having half a tick stuck on your privates

Yep. Lyme Disease. Markers in both tests were off the scale. Have pulled plenty off me and the animaux in my time but I didn’t even know that I’d been had by this one until two or three days after the event. It was under the back of my insignificant left bicep.
Just had the follow-up blood test 15 days after 3 weeks of mega antibiotics ( don’t ever talk to me about constipation ). I still have Lyme antibodies in my system, but significantly down from the initial test ( 31 UA/mL compared to 45 six weeks ago). Apparently, this is good news and I can expect them to show up for many years. Joints still ache, but not as bad as they did in the first week, and an hour in the garden leaves me feeling like I have done a CFT without prep ( which I never did in any case). My doc says that this is my new norm, get used to it, and that it might get better in 4 to 6 months. Moral on the story: even with early diagnosis, Lyme Disease is a sod. Any strategy to contain/limit ticks and Lyme in the wildlife population has my support.

StBob072

LE
Book Reviewer
Just had the follow-up blood test 15 days after 3 weeks of mega antibiotics ( don’t ever talk to me about constipation ). I still have Lyme antibodies in my system, but significantly down from the initial test ( 31 UA/mL compared to 45 six weeks ago). Apparently, this is good news and I can expect them to show up for many years. Joints still ache, but not as bad as they did in the first week, and an hour in the garden leaves me feeling like I have done a CFT without prep ( which I never did in any case). My doc says that this is my new norm, get used to it, and that it might get better in 4 to 6 months. Moral on the story: even with early diagnosis, Lyme Disease is a sod. Any strategy to contain/limit ticks and Lyme in the wildlife population has my support.

Sounds rough. Hope you're back to normal sooner rather than later .

ugly

LE
I saw two Fallow last night, not seen any on the farm, local area for about 10 years, this is good news for diversity but may mean more ticks. Still not got any of the Muntjac in my sights yet although tonight I did see several different Roe families. More ticks, more culling.

1532180581997.png

Wish I'd known before trying petrol or heat as recommended by various folk but as I discovered it didn't help.
I resorted to sterilising the tip of a sharp knife with a flame, then excavated a tick or two. Not ideal but I made sure nothing of the tick was left in place. These tick removal cards and tools are a great idea. Ticks can be tenacious wee buggers. I have seen them leap from trees, just in time to avoid them. If I recall correctly, they can stay dormant for years between blood feeds...