Discussion in 'ARRSE Social, Events & Networking' started by happybonzo, Jun 23, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Ticks are vile B things. I usually use an O'Tom tick remover and they're the best thing I've found so far

This was posted on a Cattle Dog site I use and it's worth a look just in case you haven't got an O'Tom or tweezers handy

2. Surely this tick question should be in the right box?
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Have you shat the bed?

I've got an excuse. I'm poorly sick.

Pipsqueak never had ticks. Probably because the only threat around here is sheeps.
  4. Sorry, I didn't know. It seemed a new way of getting rid of the f***ing things.

Just seen Ugly's post on Frontline. I always thought that it was supposed to be the best thing to use to prevent Ticks, evidently not
  5. A thread on Ticks in the Social & Events Forum? - May I ask what sort of parties do you attend?
    • Like Like x 1
  6. It ticks all the boxes....
  7. No probs Mate just pointed out that there is some usefull info there.
    We use a coller from Greenhound GmbH Cy´s had it on for round a month now and no Tics.
    I´m sorry that the link is in German but I´ve looked and not found it in English (yet)
  8. He's the sole UK importer of Crisco.
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Maybe the OP was thinking of crabs?
  10. While on exercise in Belize, I woke up one morning to an irritating itch in my bollocks. On lowering my pants, I found a tick attatched to my ballbag, gorging itself on my blood. I got rid of it by twisting it anti-clockwise.

Back at Airport Camp, we found a tick, and one lad who had been plagued by them stopped us from squashing it so tha the could really make it suffer by burning it with a cigarette.
  11. COs should make this a s'ticky ...