Tickets For Troops

Discussion in 'Charities and Welfare' started by Bad CO, Nov 14, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Bad CO

Bad CO LE Admin Reviews Editor Gallery Guru

We've just received the following by email which looks like a cracking idea:

2. Spanish_Dave

Spanish_Dave LE Good Egg (charities)

I have several bids for tickets in :D :lol:
  3. Bad CO

Bad CO LE Admin Reviews Editor Gallery Guru

Hopefully I'll see you there .......
  4. Spanish_Dave

:wink: hope so mate :D
  5. I have bid several times, however, have as yet been unsuccessful.

I would be interested to hear of anyone getting a ticket.

Just out of curiosity of course :D
  6. James Blunt eh? As long as he doesn't sing seems like a great idea. I read something Similar about Rangers Football club giving free tickets to the Royal Regiment of Scotland.
  7. Just seen via FB message:

World Snooker in Telford
    All week next week
    If you want to take a party of troops email,

I thought the Rangers thing was for a one off European game where the away fans didn't take up their allocation if tickets. MFC seen to be doing a good thing:
    The club are proud to announce it has joined a scheme with the Army to offer soldiers season tickets at Fir Park.

30 books will be handed to Scottish squaddies and in addition, the club have also handed over an additional four season tickets for each of the soldier’s families when they’re overseas on operations.

“This is a fantastic gesture and the soldiers, all Motherwell supporters, have been overwhelmed by the generosity of the club,” said Captain McCauley of The Royal Scots Borderers, 1st Battalion of the Royal Regiment of Scotland (1 SCOTS)

“The Army in Scotland are delighted to be involved with Motherwell and their community engagement programme is second to none. I would like to personally thank chief scout Bobby Jenks who was instrumental in co-ordinating the season tickets.”

The club were delighted to offer the tickets and General Manager Leeann Dempster said: “As a community and family club, this scheme is fundamentally at the core of everything we are about.

“We are proud to support our Armed Forces while they are at their bases in Scotland and when they are overseas on operations. It is the least we can do.”

Two of the Motherwell fans set to benefit are cousins Sergeant Major Frankie McConnell, The Black Watch, 3rd Battalion The Royal Regiment of Scotland (3 SCOTS) and Colour Sergeant Bobby Grier (1 SCOTS) said:

Sergeant Major McConnell said, “As faithful loyal Motherwell fans since childhood, it has been and honour and privilege to visit the club and meet the players and staff, and to be presented with season tickets – it’s wonderful!”

“From childhood we have been faithful Motherwell fans and have only dreamt about of being invited to Fir Park and to feel like being part of the ‘club family’.

“Being able to speak to the players, walk the corridors, and sit in the dressing room and dugout was a treat and a pleasure.”

Colour Sergeant Grier concluded: “On behalf of all the soldiers who visited Fir Park today I would like to thank chief scout Bobby Jenks, players and club official s who took time out to meet us and to thank them for the season tickets.”

‘Well youngster Darren Smith, who was present to hand over the tickets said, “It is the least the club can do for these men and women serving their country on our behalf. Motherwell Football Club thanks them for all they do.”

The soldiers will be using their season tickets for the first time this Saturday when Motherwell host Dundee United at Fir Park (kick-off 3pm).
  9. elovabloke

elovabloke LE Moderator

Don't know but when you find out let me know. Seems if you got buggered before Stan your ??????????? buggered.
  10. My boss managed to get two tickets to West Ham for last weekends game (he obviously picked the right weekend) for the princely sum of £1. Which is the sites (your) donation to charity for jacking up the tickets.

I've got two tickets for Avenue Q in the West End for the same price and was thinking of taking a kid along, until I heard some of the songs on it from their website 8O
  11. In the main i though this was a good idea until i noticed that those who were discharged prior to 2001 were not eligible.

Having been medically discharged after 20 years service with severe PTSD and other sever injuries I am offended that the likes of myself are excluded from bidding on this site.

I have also noticed that those of us under the War Pension scheme are indeed ignored or overlooked and even the consultation that is ongoing as can be seen on the SPVA website is also ignoring those injured prior to AFCS.

The War pension scheme is a disgrace and falls way way behind in the levels of awards of what our lads receive for their injuries and even that is shocking.

The likes of myself and many many other vets have to suffer in silence as we are not current and have no one jumping to our defence.
  12. Just be careful, Your only allowed 2 -4 tickets per individual per every two years! (depending on the category)
  13. Spanish_Dave

Never had a response yet :x