Discussion in 'Photography' started by Rumpelstiltskin, Jul 22, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Sudan.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  2. Did you take these Photo's ?
  3. Got any with bare breasted women carrying water jugs on their heads?
  4. IIRC he's a photographer. I remember some shots of ordnance left lying about during the late unpleasantness in Libya he chucked up.

I would like to know the story behind the sawn-off bolt action.
  5. Mosin Nagant, 7.62/54? Wiki thang: Mosin
  6. I know it's a Mosin mate, I meant was it sawn-off to aid concealment by a wrong 'un or what?

comedy head on - Maybe seeing as SOP for firing in Africa is to run into the middle of the street, loose off a full AK mag from the hip then run off someone thought a very accurate bolt action might be a tad unfair and had the butt off to level the playing field.
    • Like Like x 1
  7. I did take the pics, yeah.

The bolt-action: an M95 Steyr cavalry carbine, stamped 'Budapest.' How it got there, **** knows...
    • Like Like x 1
  8. I was going to complain about the state of their berets ..but then I saw the gentleman with what appears to be a pair of vivid yellow underpants on his head and then thought what's the point?
  9. Ravers

Ravers LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

What safari park is this in? I didn't see anything like this on my honeymoon in Botswana.
    • Like Like x 2
  10. I should ******* hope so, hip knocking about action is the action of the day whilst on honeymoon, as any sane man knows that's the last time you will be able to get suuummm!
  11. Would like seeing that Mosin fired, I bet there has been a many or barrel face interface!
  12. Being a pedant... barrel/face interaction would require said rifle being shot, about 3' closer to the face. Refer to Steven Seagull's post.

Serious hat on - yes, the story behind the rifle would be VERY interesting.
  13. They look quite agitated. I was in Sudan in the middle 1980's for a couple of weeks, that was enough for me. :)
    • Like Like x 1
  14. More stoned than agitated, I expect... was there (Blue Nile, South Kordofan) for 2 1/2 months, the Sudanese translation of 2 weeks as it turns out :roll:

Whereabouts were you? Would be interested to know more if that's OK...
  15. They still remember you, that's why they're agitated ;-)
    • Like Like x 1