• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

Thunder Boxes & Fans that went "Wump-Wump" all night long.

Barracks in hot climates. Thunder Boxes stinking & Fans that went "Wump-Wump" all night long. Geckos on the wall and bugs.A Tiger beer or two at the local hooch then a cheese and onion sandwich from Abdul before bedtime. Sweating all night long and lying under a mossie net. Young soldiers of 18 to 20 and damn all sense. Ahhh! Those were the days my friend. Fifty years ago!!!

Barracks in hot climates. Thunder Boxes stinking & Fans that went "Wump-Wump" all night long. Geckos on the wall and bugs.A Tiger beer or two at the local hooch then a cheese and onion sandwich from Abdul before bedtime. Sweating all night long and lying under a mossie net. Young soldiers of 18 to 20 and damn all sense. Ahhh! Those were the days my friend. Fifty years ago!!!
Singapore in 63, one word for it "HOT"

Listen to you all! "I had it so bad, blah blah blah". Whenever I went for a banging sh!t I was freezing. The aircon dials in these new 21st century Porta-Loo's aren't easy to navigate I'll let you know. I snapped off many a turdicle before being forced to exit and patrol the mean streets of Bastion!

Listen to you all! "I had it so bad, blah blah blah". Whenever I went for a banging sh!t I was freezing. The aircon dials in these new 21st century Porta-Loo's aren't easy to navigate I'll let you know. I snapped off many a turdicle before being forced to exit and patrol the mean streets of Bastion!
Did you get awarded a gong for that ?:)

T

Tinman74

Streets in bastion, that's progession.

the_boy_syrup

LE
Book Reviewer
War is hell son and thats a fact.

Swing fog to kill off the bugs (and impregnate squaddies lungs with aerosol DDT) - Belize '82.

Singers in 63 was heaven!! gillman barracks cold beer , swimming pool running hot and cold nurses and for the sappers the occasional police dog from ulu pandan!! now the communal thunderbox on crown that was hardship (chuckles)

Counting the trails of runny shit as you go to the thunderbox on a morning, in the Kenyan bush of Isiolo, to see how many more blokes have gone down with the squits, then sitting in the stink watching the maggots chew through the offerings.

Swing fog to kill off the bugs (and impregnate squaddies lungs with aerosol DDT) - Belize '82.
The SwingFog guys always seem to come round just as I was dozing before hitting the bar for a coconut rum and pineapple juice. Jack bastards! That stuff smelled worse than the open storm drains that and the smell of the Coca Cola Factory

And indeed 1965. As a full screw in PG I had command of the boat section which used to take THEM up and down the river on border patrol (and things). But at the weekend we would take 2 assault craft out to one of the small islands over the horizon from PG, stand-off upwind and swing fog everything on it to death. We would wait half an hour for the huge cloud of toxic death to dissipate before landing and setting up the barbie.

Happy days! On one occasion a sailing boat with a crew of 14 American high school girls landed on the same island and we had a ... very nice time actually. Talking to my blokes afterwards I was surprised to find that nearly all the girls swallowed, whereas in those days only about 50% of Brit girls swallowed.

[/B]

And indeed 1965. As a full screw in PG I had command of the boat section which used to take THEM up and down the river on border patrol (and things). But at the weekend we would take 2 assault craft out to one of the small islands over the horizon from PG, stand-off upwind and swing fog everything on it to death. We would wait half an hour for the huge cloud of toxic death to dissipate before landing and setting up the barbie.

Happy days! On one occasion a sailing boat with a crew of 14 American high school girls landed on the same island and we had a ... very nice time actually. Talking to my blokes afterwards I was surprised to find that nearly all the girls swallowed, whereas in those days only about 50% of Brit girls swallowed.
You jammy bastard.:crying:

Ah! The fans.

Paint a spiral on them and lay on yer pit watching them and let your mind go to .... who knew where?

Cheaper than the wacky baccy!

And who can forget the "stop the fan with yer head" game when rat-arsed?

Especially when the Rock Apes played - one of them invariably thought it meant he had to stick his head in the fan blades.

Happy days

The SwingFog guys always seem to come round just as I was dozing before hitting the bar for a coconut rum and pineapple juice. Jack bastards! That stuff smelled worse than the open storm drains that and the smell of the Coca Cola Factory
Never smelt that but the Belikin Beer factory was ******* honking. Morning jog out of APC went past it twice. I don't know, warm, rancid hop distillate, fermenting itself to death? The thought of the fetid stench is making me urge, even now, 3 decades later.

The side channel of the "Sweetwater Canal" ran immediately behind the Sappers Bar. The camp laundry shed and the Sapper Bar urinals drained straight into it. One squadron happy hour on the 96 tour, two blokes sorted out an argument in it, then tried to continue the handbags at dawn in the bar. Snipes and Ogre were the duty bar staff and the two ordure coated malcontents acceded to the request to shower themselves down before continuing drinking.

Happy days.

Ah! The fans.

Paint a spiral on them and lay on yer pit watching them and let your mind go to .... who knew where?

Cheaper than the wacky baccy!

And who can forget the "stop the fan with yer head" game when rat-arsed?

Especially when the Rock Apes played - one of them invariably thought it meant he had to stick his head in the fan blades.

Happy days
Oh I understand now why the top of my heads flat:omg:

Latest Threads