Thunder box builds….

A mess!

This is my first model since I was a child so please excuse the roughness, I am learning as I go.

69AAB27F-4843-4CC9-82E7-1E1740FB31C3.jpeg

First time I ever tried painting realistically, first time applying decals and am building my gear up.

Will try and tidy some of the roughness on the nose, as you can see the pitot tube snapped off and I superglued it back on, which made a mess, then I broke it off again!

It’s going to be in a diorama, again, first ever effort.

Daz

LE
A mess!

This is my first model since I was a child so please excuse the roughness, I am learning as I go.

View attachment 626777

First time I ever tried painting realistically, first time applying decals and am building my gear up.

Will try and tidy some of the roughness on the nose, as you can see the pitot tube snapped off and I superglued it back on, which made a mess, then I broke it off again!

Camo netting to hide any rough spots??

A mess!

View attachment 626777

Everyone has to start somewhere. Main thing is to have fun and enjoy youself.

Helm

MIA
Book Reviewer
As I have said before there's no standard needing to be met here, just a place to show what you're doing. Hope you're enjoying the build.

As I have said before there's no standard needing to be met here, just a place to show what you're doing. Hope you're enjoying the build.
It stalled as I was nervous of the decals, I got some softener and an adhesive and was pretty happy, one of the red lines on the top of the aircraft snapped and balled up and I was still able to manipulate it to fit nicely.

I actually bought this kit for
my first attempt:

D2932370-917F-4316-B56B-E780215C7AA6.jpeg

Noticed it said level 5 so bought the 1:72 GR1 starter kit to practice!

Old Stab

LE
Book Reviewer
Fair play to you mate. Model building isn't something I have the patience or attention to detail to do properly.
First attempt though, looks pretty good from here.

Fair play to you mate. Model building isn't something I have the patience or attention to detail to do properly.
First attempt though, looks pretty good from here.
My problem is that I have lost all interest in anything, probably because I drink too much.

I built all the panels for an FA-18 simulator, bought the arduinos, wired my first panel and then couldn’t be bothered, all in a box and the structure under the house in case I get the bug again.

The shakes don’t help model building though!

Ravers

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
That's what we aspire to, the reality:
Thunderbox – Algonquin Provincial Park Western Uplands Trail | Martin  Pilar: explore
We're saving up for comfy bum. Curse those panic buyers!!
I came here looking for the same thing.

This summer I’m planning on putting a log cabin in the woods and will need some ablutions.

Disappointed. Toy planes are shit.

Chef

LE
I came here looking for the same thing.

This summer I’m planning on putting a log cabin in the woods and will need some ablutions.

Disappointed. Toy planes are shit.
If only you had a thunderbox to store them in.

It doesn’t look like I’ve done anything, the pylons didn’t fit which when applying my light touch snapped off the canopy, realised I had painted the tanks wrong way, the paint had dried up so I drilled additional holes so they are refersible!
image.jpg

And I’m planning the scenery

View attachment 628136

That is coming along quite nicely now !

To complete the scene, alongside the battered and scratched harrier could I suggest a few yellow handbags scattered around the clearing, a Sapper from 32 ( Harrier Support ) Sqn leaning up against a tree, beret on the back of his head, one hand in his pocket and smoking a fag.
And the pilot, kneeling on all fours on the ground near the open cockpit, spewing his guts up.

Brigade Ex, BAOR, circa 1978

That is coming along quite nicely now !

To complete the scene, alongside the battered and scratched harrier could I suggest a few yellow handbags scattered around the clearing, a Sapper from 32 ( Harrier Support ) Sqn leaning up against a tree, beret on the back of his head, one hand in his pocket and smoking a fag.
And the pilot, kneeling on all fours on the ground near the open cockpit, spewing his guts up.

Brigade Ex, BAOR, circa 1978
Alternatively a troop of immaculately presented Sappers from 11 Fd Sqn actually kicking tin…….

Latest Threads