Thumping Tunes

Discussion in 'The Training Wing' started by BigRed, Jan 17, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. In an effort to help out ade dut: I throw the question out to all ARRSE Members.

What "Thumping Tunes" will get you out the door and motivated to run even on a bad day?

Ipod Podcast "Podrunner," works as you can select certain Beats Per Minute and you body adjusts to the rythm however tunes can be a bit hit and miss.
  2. Anything with a steady rhythm really, but i found a finnish breakdancing band, Bomfunk Mc's, has really good beats that fit in perfectly with a good pace for doing 1.5 miles. I guess at the end of the day it's either personal preference or the classic eye of the tiger.
  3. A good acdc compilation helps me get round but I still get good samaritans asking if I need an ambulance at the end.
  4. Some of my favourites:
    The Clash 'safe european home'
    Van Halen 'jump'
    Green Day 'basket case'
    Zolof Rock & Roll Destroyer 'argh I'm a pirate'
    The Living End 'whos gonna save us?'

Make sure you have enough to mix it up a bit though as if you get bored of your music your run is going to be even harder.
  5. No Limit - 2Unlimited
    I Like to Move It - Reel 2 Real ft. The Mad Stuntman
    Blood Sugar - Pendulum
    Charly - Prodigy
    Ace of Spades - Motorhead
    Plug in Baby - Muse
    Points of Authority/99 Problems - JZ vs Linkin Park
    Voodoo People (Pendulum mix) - Prodigy
  6. I always start by running to "Jesus of Suburbia" by Green Day because it`s a fast beat and it`s 9 minutes long, so i always try and run 1.5 miled before it finishes. But an inspiring song to get you up and out is "Who wrote holden coulfield" by "Green Day"

There's a boy who fogs his world and now he's getting lazy
    There's no motivation and frustration makes him crazy
    He makes a plan to take a stand but always ends up sitting.
    Someone help him up or he's gonna end up quitting

when i read that it summed me up.
  7. Jerusalem . . sung at the Home of English Rubgy