Throwing myself from a plane!

Discussion in 'Sports, Adventure Training and Events' started by kingburn_99, May 4, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Well my SPSI never even attempted to get me on a basic freefall course, so.

Therefore, with my birthday coming around i'm considering paying to jump.

I'm in the North West and willing to travel, my plan is to rope some friends along and try to arrange some kind of buy 3 get 1 free. Me being the free one.

Anyone have any connections or knowledge of places to jump, i am aware that the Black Knights parachute centre is local but £165 for one static line jump seems steep!

2. Theres quite a few sites in nw, google is your friend!! But why go for static line , aff1 would surely be a better option especially if freefall is what you want to go for???

3. [quote="Suedehead

But why go for static line , aff1 would surely be a better option especially if freefall is what you want to go for???[/quote]

You clearly know nothing about parachuting, knob head

4. You clearly know nothing about parachuting, knob head[/quote]

Haha, pull your head out of your arrse and actually give some advice then , w anker.

5. I haven't jumped in the UK since 2002. If you go to BPA Website there is a map of all UK BPA affliated Dropzones with contact details.

As for doing your jump you have 4 options.

1 - Static Line - A day of training and then a static line jump. It will probably take you about 5-6 jumps at least to get onto freefall. Your first freefall will only be about 3 seconds or so.

2 - AFF - A day of training and then a freefall jump with two instructors holding onto you - more expensive than Static line and they may want you to pay for 8 jumps (probably about a grand) in one go.

3 - Tandem - A one off thrill ride attached to the front of an instructor. Half an hour on the ground and up you go.

4 - Contact the Royal Artillery Display team (The Black Knights) as they run adventurous training courses over in Southern California at least once a year. You should graduate AFF and get a few more jumps out of it too (and a weekend in Las Vegas).

6. Haha, pull your head out of your arrse and actually give some advice then , w anker.[/quote]

Listen in crow

I was in Baghdad when you were in your dad's bag

Thats your daddy's ball sack to you, if you're slow on the uptake, which you appear to be.
    When you have done some time in the army, people might listen to you, until then why dont you fcuk off to the ACF threads.

7. 4 - Contact the Royal Artillery Display team (The Black Knights) as they run adventurous training courses over in Southern California at least once a year. You should graduate AFF and get a few more jumps out of it too (and a weekend in Las Vegas).[/quote]

Couple of lads from my old unit did this and got paid for the pleasure. The weather was sh1t for the first week so they just got lashed in america for a week then crammed as many jumps as possible in the second week.

Only thing is, i got out in September to try and sort my Civi job out, may look at getting back in before christmas but not in the near future!

I appreciate google is probably the best idea but i was just trying to scam something for nothing (or cheap). All replies appreciated though.

Reference the freefall thing, i would prefer but as mentioned you cant go straight for freefall without paying through the Arrse!

8. Some charities will let you do it for "free" if you raise a minium of cash. Seen it in Metro but can't remember which charity

9. the_boy_syrup

the_boy_syrup LE Book Reviewer

Cancer ones IIRC

10. yeh seen them, but you have to riase like £250 and frankly i cant be fooked!

11. Forastero

Forastero LE Moderator

Listen in crow

I was in Baghdad when you were in your dad's bag

Thats your daddy's ball sack to you, if you're slow on the uptake, which you appear to be.
    When you have done some time in the army, people might listen to you, until then why dont you fcuk off to the ACF threads.[/quote]

Save it for the NAAFI.