Three U.S. Diplomats Taken Off Train, Briefly Detained Near Sensitive Russian Site

How would the US react if Russian diplomats obtained permission to travel in and around Washington (state) and were found nosing about near the White House?

(for the purpose of the comparison, assume that Washington State is a sensitive area and DC is an absolutely no-go area).
Were the yanks two and a half thousand miles from where they should have been?

How would the US react if Russian diplomats obtained permission to travel in and around Washington (state) and were found nosing about near the White House?

(for the purpose of the comparison, assume that Washington State is a sensitive area and DC is an absolutely no-go area).
Why the need? Trump would invite them in as house guests.

Considering that White House is 2500 miles away from Washington State...

I thought we were supposed to be the ones with geography issues?

I think the Russian government needs to have a word with its lads. All this expression of interest in clocks and bells, churches and architectural history is distracting them from their core function of espionage.
In fact, there are 2 alternatives.
The 'tourists' are
1. Secret agents that played dullards on TV.
2. They are just dullards and crooked drugs smugglers.
If they are secret agents then they were able to show their intellect and knowledge in history, architecture but it would look even more suspicious than the 'story' that they told.
If they are just 'businessmen' invited by real poisoners to get some drugs to smuggle them in Russia then Russian government hardly should care about their education.
Why, there's something a tad wrong when they are stopped from moving by invisible snow. How the defenders of Moscow would laugh if they could see what their military has become.
Someone could inform them that something valuable still is not in his possession.
As for something valuable then it could be the 'perfume bottle' stolen from Porton Down by traitor and transferred to mr.Skripal.
Or it could be drugs that real poisoners promised to the 'tourists'.
Who knows? The investigation is still ongoing. Mr.Skripal could remain a double agent and continue to work on Moscow. It can not be excluded.
I trust @KGB_resident has been tutoring his pupil, 118118 in the fine art of agitprop. He needs it.

One of ours in our country is still dead old propagandist. Remember that.

By the way, @KGB_resident . Foreign nationals get on a train with permission. Are checked. Get on the train and carry on with their journey. It's like a spot the dog book.
Reportedly 3 US diplomats arrived on train from Moscow to the city of Arkhangelsk. Then they hired a car and arrived to the city of Nyonoksa (in violation of issued permission to visit only Arkhangelsk). Then they bought tickets on local train Nyonoksa-Severodvinsk (that went toward a closed area) and it didn't require to show any documents. The US 'tourists' hoped that they would not be spotted in local train but they were not right.
US States Department explained that US 'tourists' with diplomatic status just wished to know Russia better.
Taking into account recent explosion of secret missile in shooting range near Severodvinsk, it looks as trustworthly as explanation of Russian 'tourists' visited Salisbury.

PS. As for my pupils... I worked in high school and the last my lecture (in informatics) to the students happened 26 years ago.

Last edited:
Sergei, when one is digging a hole, one should stop digging when the hole gets just above your heed. In that way, you can lever yourself out using the sides and the two ends of your spade. You have dug too deep.

The tourist issue has been discussed quite a lot in the Novichok thread. In that thread, I pointed out that one of the ways to remove people from the history books is to first deny their character and denigrate them. You are repeating that issue . By the way, it has been shown that the two goons are agents. Have a look at @tommikka comments on that thread.

As for the train trip, I suspect the only valid explanation is that they were Ecologists, interested in gaining an overview of edaphic gradations in soil structure and needed an overview prior to further investigation. To me, it is the only realistic explanation.

For years now, your avatar has been an electrical engineer. Must have been difficult holding down a job as a teacher in a high school as well. Check your handover notes.

Sloppy. Very sloppy.. Even 118118 can do better.

Slime

LE
In fact, there are 2 alternatives.
The 'tourists' are
1. Secret agents that played dullards on TV.
2. They are just dullards and crooked drugs smugglers.
If they are secret agents then they were able to show their intellect and knowledge in history, architecture but it would look even more suspicious than the 'story' that they told.
If they are just 'businessmen' invited by real poisoners to get some drugs to smuggle them in Russia then Russian government hardly should care about their education.

Someone could inform them that something valuable still is not in his possession.
As for something valuable then it could be the 'perfume bottle' stolen from Porton Down by traitor and transferred to mr.Skripal.
Or it could be drugs that real poisoners promised to the 'tourists'.
Who knows? The investigation is still ongoing. Mr.Skripal could remain a double agent and continue to work on Moscow. It can not be excluded.

Reportedly 3 US diplomats arrived on train from Moscow to the city of Arkhangelsk. Then they hired a car and arrived to the city of Nyonoksa (in violation of issued permission to visit only Arkhangelsk). Then they bought tickets on local train Nyonoksa-Severodvinsk (that went toward a closed area) and it didn't require to show any documents. The US 'tourists' hoped that they would not be spotted in local train but they were not right.
US States Department explained that US 'tourists' with diplomatic status just wished to know Russia better.
Taking into account recent explosion of secret missile in shooting range near Severodvinsk, it looks as trustworthly as explanation of Russian 'tourists' visited Salisbury.

PS. As for my pupils... I worked in high school and the last my lecture (in informatics) to the students happened 26 years ago.

Or, they could just be GRU agents.
Known to be GRU agents by their friends and families. Shown to be GRU agents by the company they kept and their photographs shown on the walls in GRU buildings

GRU agents tracked from Moscow to London. Seen in London and Salisbury.
Not visiting the areas they claimed they were visiting. Telling lies about the weather in the UK.

Tracked back to Russia.

Not having ever had the business they claimed to have.
Lied about by trolls like you, with your ridiculous multiple versions events that fool or confuse no one at all.

You will of course remember all the things you have preciously said on this matter.............well, in fact you, won't, and will DEMAND links to the things 'you' have preciously typed.

You know what I mean, just like in another thread that 'you' denied any knowledge of posting in despite posting in it literally one hundred times.
And, just like with all other threads you ask posters to provide you with links so that you 'know' your own opinions...........in fact you often tell posters you cant reply to points 'of your own opinion' unless posters provide you with a link.

Maybe you are a vacuous troll, maybe you have taken too many illegal drugs*

*KGB has told us his son took illegal drugs (then became a policeman in Russia), maybe it runs in the family :)

By the way, it has been shown that the two goons are agents. Have a look at @tommikka comments on that thread.
Still they are only allegations. I never denied and don't deny that the 'tourists' could be agents but it hasn't been proved, established in a proper way.
I would like to recall that to get British visa the pair had to present to the British consulate their internal passports with places of registration. British authorities still haven't disclosed this information (why do you think?). Journalists could check do mssrs.Petrov and Boshirov indeed live in places that were written in their internal passports. But it is impossible. Have you an explanation - why British authorities did show their passports to travel abroad but did not show their internal passports?
As for the train trip, I suspect the only valid explanation is that they were Ecologists, interested in gaining an overview of edaphic gradations in soil structure and needed an overview prior to further investigation. To me, it is the only realistic explanation.
Ecologists with diplomatic cover? It's a funny idea
For years now, your avatar has been an electrical engineer. Must have been difficult holding down a job as a teacher in a high school as well. Check your handover notes.
That time 25-30 ago was a very hard period in Russian history. Salary of lecturer in high school was (due to inflation) very tiny. So I changed job in cardinal way to earn money just to survive.

Considering that White House is 2500 miles away from Washington State...

I thought we were supposed to be the ones with geography issues?
Washington was chosen for emphasis. If you're struggling with long distances, you could substitute New York and New York, New York.

@KGB_resident

Think it is certain those gentlemen don't live at those addresses now. See Novichok thread. Indeed, they may even be doing studies on soil structure from six feet below the surface. The passport issue has been discussed at length. I will not add to it. As to why the authorities do or do not do something, you should write to them. They might tell you although it sounds like pre case evidence to me.

It is an example of the irritating twoddle your avatar uses to spread disinformation.If they were spying, so what? They didn't kill any one. You are attempting to allocate blame and say they are as bad as you in a compliant mind. In the back of the mind to come forth when you lot commit the next atrocity.

The proper way to establish guilt or innocence is in a court of law and if needed, appeals various to a court of law. The fact that this won't happen is moot. Your attempts to cloud the issue are exercises in futility.

To give an example:

If I go outside my house and catch a scrote trying to nick my car and detain him, he will go on trial.

He is innocent until the trial. If he gets found guilty then the offence and detention by me are true.

If he gets found not guilty, then the offence and my account did not happen.

The evidence stands . The only way to prove guilt is by trial. The offence was on our soil, so the trial is here. If you want to improve relations with this country, you could fit them up for offences on Russian soil and make some diplomatic approaches after the event.

I know your nation will not give them over to us but we know what's happening. As a result of you being a busted flush, whatever you come out with is treated as background noise.

To return to the subject of this thread: So what?

Please explain with as much outrage as you can, whilst I think about Salisbury.

Slime

LE
Still they are only allegations. I never denied and don't deny that the 'tourists' could be agents but it hasn't been proved, established in a proper way.
I would like to recall that to get British visa the pair had to present to the British consulate their internal passports with places of registration. British authorities still haven't disclosed this information (why do you think?). Journalists could check do mssrs.Petrov and Boshirov indeed live in places that were written in their internal passports. But it is impossible. Have you an explanation - why British authorities did show their passports to travel abroad but did not show their internal passports?

That time 25-30 ago was a very hard period in Russian history. Salary of lecturer in high school was (due to inflation) very tiny. So I changed job in cardinal way to earn money just to survive.
Poor old KGB troll.

He is suffering from his usual lack of 'memory' of other threads.

If he was a serious poster he would know that the pairs internal passports have been shown.........what a shock, KGB is telling lies again!!!!

Not only have the internal passports been shown, but someone typing as KGB commented on them, tried to pretend the published internal passports were fake and further showed what he said was his own internal passport*

Later in that same thread other posters showed Russian internal passports that showed KGB's claim was totally wrong, and he had to admit he was wrong.

Odd then, that after a course of posts from KGB commenting on the pairs internal passports being shown IN ANOTHER THREAD the poster typing as KGB in this thread has no knowledge from that thread.

*internal passports............the sign of a corrupt or paranoid country.

Slime

LE
I believe the thread title states U.S., trigger.
It does indeed.
But the thread subject involves people on a train ;)

I thought the 'wrong side' comment was a reference to Trump saying people 'In Europe' drive on the other side of the road to those in the USA.

He couldn't even get the distinction between the UK and mainland Europe when discussing the diplomats wife driving in the UK.

It does indeed.
But the thread subject involves people on a train ;)

I thought the 'wrong side' comment was a reference to Trump saying people 'In Europe' drive on the other side of the road to those in the USA.

He couldn't even get the distinction between the UK and mainland Europe when discussing the diplomats wife driving in the UK.
Cheers for that, who would've thought?

Slime

LE
For clarity.
This link contains one of the internal passports that KGB now says hasnt been released.............

AFTER he had commented on it being shown, and tried to pretend was fake.

It goes without saying that he didn't use the word BELLINGCAT in any of his posts, and did the childish thing of using words like Ballcat, Bluecat, Lyingcat etc so that anyone seeing his posts wouldn't get a 'free' link to Bellingcat, or visa versa in a google search.

Maybe the train driver was drunk and went the wrong way.

The police officers could have been drunk.

Maybe the journalist was drunk.

The troll is most certainly stupid.

I would like to recall that to get British visa the pair had to present to the British consulate their internal passports with places of registration. British authorities still haven't disclosed this information (why do you think?). Journalists could check do mssrs.Petrov and Boshirov indeed live in places that were written in their internal passports.
Journalists did check Petrov & Boshirovs addresses.
Neighbours had never seen or heard of them

But it is impossible. Have you an explanation - why British authorities did show their passports to travel abroad but did not show their internal passports?

@KGB_resident

Think it is certain those gentlemen don't live at those addresses now.
But what are these addresses exactly and why this information was not disclosed at time by British authorities?
As I understand you haven't logical explanation.
The passport issue has been discussed at length. I will not add to it. As to why the authorities do or do not do something, you should write to them. They might tell you although it sounds like pre case evidence to me.
I suspect that British authorities at time sent someone (maybe even diplomat) to check the addresses. And he (she) probably found crooked 'businessmen' peacefully living there in quite unremarkable way.
Agree, that British authorities no doubt tried to find the 'tourists' themselves before their names were sounded.
If I'm right then hardly any representative of HMG would say about such an attempt (if it failed) even one word - especially to your obedient servant.
It is an example of the irritating twoddle your avatar uses to spread disinformation.
Indeed, it is a problem. As I understand it is not forbidden to use nick names that looks very similar to existing ones, to use avatars that others are using. I'm not a moderator. So I'm unable to change the rules. Ask MODs to correct the rules if you wish it. Unlike representatives of HMG, MODs highly likely will answer you.
If they were spying, so what? They didn't kill any one. You are attempting to allocate blame and say they are as bad as you in a compliant mind.
I don't blame the US diplomats. Russian diplomats in the USA or the UK are trying hard to collect information using different methods. It is their job.
The proper way to establish guilt or innocence is in a court of law and if needed, appeals various to a court of law.
Absolutely agree.
Your attempts to cloud the issue are exercises in futility.
We are just discussing the case using arguments, counter-arguments, common sense, logic, known facts and so on.
To give an example:
If I go outside my house and catch a scrote trying to nick my car and detain him, he will go on trial.
He is innocent until the trial. If he gets found guilty then the offence and detention by me are true.
If he gets found not guilty, then the offence and my account did not happen.
The evidence stands . The only way to prove guilt is by trial. The offence was on our soil, so the trial is here.
Agreed.
If you want to improve relations with this country, you could fit them up for offences on Russian soil and make some diplomatic approaches after the event.
Russian MoD expressed protest to US ambassador in Moscow. That's all. Hardly Washington would void the diplomats diplomatic immunity in this case.
I know your nation will not give them over to us but we know what's happening. As a result of you being a busted flush, whatever you come out with is treated as background noise.
To return to the subject of this thread: So what?
Please explain with as much outrage as you can, whilst I think about Salisbury.
Explain what? What exactly? Still British authorities keep silence about some important details. For example, did the Skripals return home that day or not? And why the Skriplas apparently are not allowed to give interview to journalist? Do you still believe that they themselves wish to hide?

Journalists did check Petrov & Boshirovs addresses.
Neighbours had never seen or heard of them
No, journalists checked addresses where allegedly mssrs. Chepiga and Mishkin lived.
Internal passports of mssrs. Petrov and Boshirov with addresses of registration were not shown. The addresses were not known to journalists and general public.

Latest Threads