Three-quarters of British people would refuse to fight for their country.

theoriginalphantom

MIA
Book Reviewer
fight for their country, or for Britain?

alib

LE
I saw almost an inverse result of a poll a decade ago.

better than the rest of Europe then

Spot the deliberate mistake.

However, the extent of such social changes is unclear. Even during the Great War, the supply of volunteer combatants dried up. Conscription had to be introduced and lasted from 1916 to 1919. Meanwhile, conscription provided the vast majority of troops in

Conscription had to be introduced, and lasted between 1916 to 1919. Meanwhile, conscription provided the vast majority of troops in the second world war. While most were compliant, a large number deserted.

Would you trust a journalist who can't even write and an editor who can't even read to bring you facts?

I'd be interested to know where they got this info.

If the Polled central London, they'd have been lucky to find people who spoke English.

Bradford would have been about 100% but for the wrong country.

If you did it in Lancashire, where you can still meet Mighty Whitey, you'd get a decent response. Anyway, we don't fight for 'our country' any more - we just go about hassling Arabs. While there's nothing wrong with that, you can't blame people for not wanting to do it.

I suspect if Ivan came a knocking, it'd be a different story.

Fighting for this country in this country or someone else's country you have invaded on a pretext of politicians lies?

I suspect if Ivan came a knocking, it'd be a different story.

Why would Ivan come knocking when he's already bought the keys to the front door?

I reckon there might be a link between that 'n this topic. I'm pleased by the lack of jingoism. If you want people to fight for the country it helps if it stands for something worth fighting for.

Those figures sound about right.
However after 2-3 years of good quality propaganda and the threat of their mum/sister/daughter etc being raped by the 'Yellow Peril' or by whatever ISIS calls it's self by then, and I doubt you could restrain the youth of the time from donning MTP and rushing to the front.

jboldie

Old-Salt
Those figures sound about right.
However after 2-3 years of good quality propaganda and the threat of their mum/sister/daughter etc being raped by the 'Yellow Peril' or by whatever ISIS calls it's self by then, and I doubt you could restrain the youth of the time from donning MTP and rushing to the front.
And maybe not just the youth either...

Latest Threads