"Three Little Pigs" racist

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by supermark500, Jan 23, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Three Little Pigs

According to BBC the three little pigs is racist towards our muslim chums. So now it must be called three little cowboy builders.

2. EXCUSE ME! But i think the dig at 'cowboy builders' could be interpretted as a racist pop at our Pikey friends! Oirish travellers all over the world will be up in arms at the slur on them!!

3. Offended? I am.

4. I reckon the Gov't are being TOO PC to turn us away and be angry at muslims, because for the common folk its working, I believe coming into our country living off benefits getting free mosques built with speakers blasting islamic "westerners are bad" speech out all day, and saying all our traditions,culture and people are bad and offend you cnuts, is actually offending us good british folk, Im goining to complain.

5. is white to be the new black (oh there you go i said it) I am damned for ever :?

I am not a racist by the way, just pointing out we are going down silly street again :pissedoff:

6. Ooh yay, more outrage. :roll:

I really don't see the problem, personally. Doesn't affect me in the slightest; there's nothing wrong with a bit a cultural sensitivity.

The easiest way to solve the problem is to revert it to the Brothers Grimm original, in which the protagonists are goats instead of pigs.

7. Should have just entered the rhyme "hey diddle diddle," as the Dish (crockery) running away with the spoon (cutlery) positively promotes inter-racial chum-ness!

8. It's part of the set:

Little Red Riding Hoodie
    Snow Grey and the Seven Vertically Challenged Chaps
    Goldilocks and the three bears definitely NOT called Mohammed

9. How about three little politicians. First built his house on spin and focus groups, second built his on an economic prosperity built on dodgey loans and PFI deals, the third built his on decency, hard work, honesty and truth ........

No OK! totally un-believable and would no doubt upset all sorts of minority groups who gang up and vote.

10. I always thought it was a remake of the three musketeers but featuring our "friends" the filth.

11. Surely no muslim is stupid enough to actually be offended by a children's book?

12. TheIronDuke

TheIronDuke LE Book Reviewer

It wont work. On a Friday night in Wales, the goats and sheep are sacred animals.

13. This is another blow to common sense.

Why does the government insist on trying not to offend people, so the book contains pigs so what? It contains reference to dodgy cowboy builders so what?

If the books already won a prize for being a fun read for a child why should the government decide that it’s offensive????

Kids won't realise the possible racial or professionalism links, they'll just insist you read it to them last thing at night because they like it.

Next we'll have to ban red riding hood as it could be construed as paedophilia! Or even Hansel and Gretel!

Jesus how about incy wincy spider? Should he really have been climbing that spout, without safety equipment?

PC is going mad when are we going to wake up and grow a pair??

Edited for mong spelling!!!

14. Must be a confusing story when read back to front.

15. The bombing will start over this........ :O