Three Kings

Discussion in 'Films, Music and All Things Artsy' started by Forces_Sweetheart, Nov 5, 2004.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. msr

msr LE

The only good thing about the 'Three Kings' is the first minute and half, which contains 5 LOAC points. :lol:

2. One of the worst movies ever made. Don't waste your time.
  3. I second the above two comments. Poo film, poo acting. Mr Clooney always looks like he's poo'ing a pineapple.
  4. Feckin Bonk!
  5. The trouble I have with that film (apart from it being pretty poor) is that I can't watch it without expecting Donald Sutherland to appear in his Sherman and tell the Iraqis to knock it off with them negative waves. It seems less of an anti-war movie than an attempt to remake Kelly's Heroes with a more modern cast.
  6. utter f*cking pish and drivel , i have never seen clooney in a good film yet , it's only pathetic women "getting a grease on" over him that keep the f*cker in a job.

i would watch more films if there weren't so many actors in them.
  7. dunno, the iraqi ass map and the exploding cow were "goooooood" and i admit it was spoilt by Ice T's superior knowledge of tensile strength of luggage but it had all the good stuff in it,

Especially the begining when he shoots that iraqi in the neck and after when the young lad is retelling the story it gets embellished and so all of a sudden his head pops off....

thought it was very true to life, load of REMFS get bored, mischief is created and then you end up with a load of people comfused to buggery as to why they were ther ein the first place. i never assumed it was a "war film" or an "anti war film" i took it at face value and enjoyed it.

the spec fx were good too, appart from i didnt realise we had bright green bits inside our chests....and i got to really appreciate how sucking chest wounds work so, you know, give the guys a break....

not an oscar winner but not a pile of grade A poo either....

8. Try Oh Brother Were Out Thou
  9. I hate to agree with the pissy little troll, but shortfuse is correct, Clooney bites. Oh Brother Were Out Thou is another stinker.
  10. A remake of kelly heros in the gulf now that would be class!
  11. I love Three Kings ... but I love Kellys Heros better.

I agree Brother Where Out Thou is brillant

George Clooney is one hot man but the 2 blokes that really crack me up are the one that bushwacks the journo and the one that wants to be buried in a shroud...
  12. Thought the 'tension pneumo thorax' bit was the best part of the film. If it didn't include Clooney (and his obvious fanny appeal), it wouldn't be on the shelves.
  13. Some good bits in an overall good film that doesn't take itself too seriously. I can't remember any other film where a guy finds a treasure map in an Iraqis ass, and how many other exploding cows have you seen? Also some comedy characters and events. However it went a bit moral and serious half way through. If it had stayed in the Kelly's Heroes mould it would have been much better.
  14. Mr Happy

Mr Happy LE Moderator

pants film with some nice parts of the war explained for civvies so they could feel it is authentic. Useless Iranian border bit though, as we know they could have walked across most of any border of Iraq.