Three held over Royal phone-tap

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by Mad_Moriarty, Aug 8, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I hope they get the full force of RIPA thrown at them, I want to see the News of the World guy done the most, a joint scum newspaper enterprise.

Link here

2. News of the World isn't having much luck trying to crack royal security this year, is it?

Edit to add - was she charged with anything in the end?

3. Clive Goodman is the NOTW guy arrested, and they are expanding the police investigation to other high profile public faces that they believe have been bugged. Let's hope that the NOTW gets royally shafted on this. Charge the scum with treason, or under the Terrorism Act, or privacy bill, or even for not paying the congestion charges, but let's see the NOTW take a kicking in the courts. Again. Having had their main "undercover" reporter exposed as an entrapment artist, and unreliable court witness, it would be nice to see them sweating it out.

4. Like I have said before, when our own Prime Minister has just been over to California to snivel at Mr Murdoch's feet, I wouldn't hold out too much hope of News International publications feeling too much heat.

5. YES! OH, YES!

:clap: :clap: :clap:

6. I understand that the Police search of News Corps offices went down particularly well - no doubt the rest of Fleet Street is glowing about it. I wonder whether our Rupert has spoken to Tone, to get the rozzers out of his office yet.

From the way Radio 4 covered the story, it sounded very much as if the mobile phone operator and its security processes were about to get the full weight of the anti-terrorist unit's attention - Nice! Any predictions for how the NOTW will cover this for Sunday's front page?

7. Have you not heard, No press is left in Fleet Street!

8. Used it for artistic effect - the scourge of Wapping doesn't quite have the same ring to it. :)

9. Agreed!