Three days in June (Mount Longdon)

Discussion in 'The Book Club' started by jimmyoc, Jun 26, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi Chaps, as some of you know ‘Three days in June’ is now available on Amazon, but I must warn you, it is quite a long read over 500 pages, I was told to cut out 75,000 words as it was too long, but I couldn’t as I thought that everyone I spoke to held another piece of the jigsaw, and their testimony was vital, in order to give an all-round view of what was happening. It has been a long journey, but I think we now have a better understanding of the battle for Mount Longdon. I would like to thank the many blokes who came forward to tell me their story, it was an absolute pleasure going around the country meeting blokes, some of whom I hadn’t seen for years.
    Thank you to one and all,
    Bye for now Jimmy
    Remember, you don’t need a kindle to read it, it can be read on your home computer or laptop with this link. Kindle for PC - Read Kindle eBooks on your PC
    • Like Like x 2
  2. Quite possibly. But it's just my opinion.
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Hi Smart as carrots, you are completely wrong, 'A cold night in June' is complete work of fiction, the author did not speak to any members of 3 Para, it is fantasy and completely invented, put together out of the authors imagination.
    'Three Days in June' is the actual account of the battle, it includes over 50 interviews with all ranks 3 Para, and if you care to read the reviews you will see that, those that were there are a happy that the battle has at last been correctly reported, ps ‘Three days in June’ will go into print on Monday,
    All the best Jimmy O'Connell
    • Like Like x 4
  4. Not worth the two quid then? Seen.
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Porridge_gun

Porridge_gun LE Good Egg (charities)

Don't you mean, 'looking forward to having the print version read out to me' :D

Purchase made!!
    • Like Like x 4
  6. It might have lots of pictures. :)
    • Like Like x 3
  7. Bought - looking forward to reading it (trying not to move lips and follow with finger) ...
  8. Deleted, :-(
  9. Bought the book, bought a Kindle to read it on!
    Didnt know about the cold night in June though?
    Was he there Jimmy?
  10. no, he dreamt it all up in his head, not the slightest bit of truth or fact in any of 'Cold night in June' a bit of a boys own.
    • Like Like x 1
  11. James,

Have just read the freebie available on Kindle.

An excellent account of men at war. Suffice to say I will be buying a copy.