Three Cheers for Sir Michael Rose

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Queensman, Jan 9, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. At last, if a little late, an honest General!!

General Sir Michael today calls for T Bliar to be impeached over his 'illegal' sending of the Armed Forces to war in Iraq.

Sir Michael also expressed surprise and dismay that senior officers didn't resign rather than carry out his illegal orders.

2. mysteron

mysteron LE Book Reviewer

I'm sorry, were you asking for integrity, moral courage and a decent set of values from senior officers???? You mean the people who want sell us up the river the moment they become Generals in Whitehall (or is the new rank called New Labour/Neue Arbeit politician?).

Surely not, go to your room and think about what you just said....stupid boy!

3. Queensman, where did you see Gen'l Mikes story?

4. Yes, interesting interview on Today programme this morning.

Apparently this originated in the Mail on Sunday, preparatory to a Ch 4 programme this Friday.

http://dnaindia.com/report.asp?NewsID=1006396

Whether one agrees with him or not, Gen Sir Michael has been consistent in voicing concerns over the readiness to go to war from Kosovo onwards.

5. He was interviewed on the Today programme, Radio 4, just before the 0800hrs news bulletin, the news then carried the story.

6. It was very refreshing to hear such candid criticisim on this morning's 'Today' programme. I am afraid as a genral rule resignation is very rarely seen as the honorable thing to do any more. A shame since I am quite sure that any General that had resigned would have found a decent job elsewhere.

All currently serving generals seem far too interested in politics and very rarely have the moral courage to speak out.

7. A Good bloke then......

8. Perhaps he should join ARRSE, although I would not like to cross swords with Gen Sir Mike in the NAAFI Bar!

9. A National Defence Association candidate surely?

10. I agree.

11. And So Do I....

12. Has anyone heard/seen a response from our Glorious Leader or one of his lickspittles?

What's it to be:

1. Deny everything.
    2. Rubbish the good name of Sir Michael and spin against him.
    3. Say nothing, and hope it'll go away or stay hidden by the pillow, sorry, Back biting going on in the Liberal party.

13. A combination of all three but in a different order
    1. Say nothing, and hope it'll go away or stay hidden by the pillow, sorry, Back biting going on in the Liberal party
    2. Deny everything.
    3. Rubbish the good name of Sir Michael and spin against him.

No 1 perhaps accompanied by some big manafactured announcement to bump it out of the headlines.

Teflon Tony will survive. Cnut.

14. Can we expect Gen Rose to be taking a walk in some woods near his house in the near future and meeting an unfortunate accident then?