Three Cheers for HRH Prince William

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by Queensman, Apr 29, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Royal wedding: Prince William marries in Irish Guards red - Telegraph

Good day to You, young Sir, if you just happen to have a squint at ARRSE to settle your nerves before kick-off! I wish you all the best and every good wish for the future. God Bless you and Catherine. Long Live the Queen!

Meanwhile; how delightful it is to see that HRH has plumbed for a decent rig to saunter down the aisle in, and thank **** for that. I've been having palpitations about the poor chap shuffling up to the altar in a scruffy light blue ensemble.

Most pleasing is the sadly predictable whinging coming from the Crabs! (see link above).

Can you imagine digging out the old wedding album in a few years time and reliving the embarrassment of marrying as a Crab?

And, if I may, can I say how thrilled we will be when Princess Catherine becomes Colonel of the Princess of Wales's Royal Regiment? (You heard it here first). The Queen's Regiment was named after Queen Catherine, wife of Charles II - so it will be a splendid outcome for us all!

I'm off now to get infront of the telly with a case of Spitfire (shame about the name).
    • Like Like x 6
  2. The Royal couple are to become, among other titles, the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge.
  3. Good luck to them both. I hope the press don't end Miss Catherine as they did Dianna.
  4. Excellent!

The Middlesex Rgiment was the Duke of Cambridge's Own.
  5. wedge_cadman

wedge_cadman War Hero Reviewer Book Reviewer

Also William has also become the Earl of Strathearn and Baron Carrickfergus
  6. Thoroughly agree, lets hope that after the wedding, honeymoon and obligatory tour of the country, the press leave the couple to get on with their own lives. Hopefully the location of RAF Valley and Anglesey will keep the paparazzi scum and press at bay.
  7. To the health of the new Duke and Duchess of Cambridge, long live the Queen!
  8. The words "cat", "in", "hell's" and "chance" spring to mind. After today cameras will be trained on Catherine's stomach and if she so much as puts on an ounce of weight, the baby speculating will start.
  9. the_boy_syrup

the_boy_syrup LE Book Reviewer

Any other thread about an RAF Oficer wearing a Guards Uniform would have 300 pages of walt hunting
    But since Playstation is down and half our Chairborne Warriers are busy posting on RIP COD 200 threads on he might just get away with it

Hip Hip Hoooray
    Hip Hip Hooray
    Hip Hip Hooray
    My Hat is flying through the air
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Congrats to the Royal couple, Ulster's new Baron Carrickfergus and his rather stylish bird :) :excited:

Also glad William has steered clear of the crab outfit and chosen not just a guards tunic, but the best guards regiment tunic!

Will Catherine be known as Princess Catherine though? Only the Monarchy's Facebook feed it says her title will simply be HRH the Duchess of Cambridge? Doesn't matter either way I suppose, she will ultimately be queen of england one day! :)

Can't wait to see this dress... personally I'm predicting she will go the opposite way to gypsy weddings and choose a sleek close-fitting number with no sticky out bits or "bumph" of any kind!
  11. Huzzah! My very best wishes to HRH and his delightful Bride.

God Save the Queen!
  12. the_boy_syrup

the_boy_syrup LE Book Reviewer

IIRC she isn't officialy a Princess until he's next in line to the throne as she's not Royal Blood
    Her official title would have been Princess William Wales
    That's why HM has awarded them the Dukedom
    According to teh BBC anyhoo
  13. Don't care about the uniform, but I support your opening words. May the day and their lives go well for them.

Absolutely nothing wrong with the name of your beer - you'd be drinking 'Stuka' down the old "Hitler Arms" if it wasn't for the Supermarine Special Brew

• Like Like x 2
  14. Her official title will be the Duchess of Cambridge. She WILL be a princess, obviously, but the title 'Princess Catherine/Kate' will be used mainly by the public and press, as it was with Diana.
  15. Sorry, I'm being a bit thick (and lazy) and too much wine last night, what Regt is he wearing,; IG, WG or something else?