Three Brigadiers in three months - sacked or suspended…

Yup

1. What is gross misconduct?​

Gross misconduct is behaviour, on the part of an employee, which is so bad that it destroys the employer/employee relationship, and merits instant dismissal without notice or pay in lieu of notice.

(Such dismissal without notice is often called ‘summary dismissal’.)

According to the original post, they are suspended pertaining an investigation.

But thank you for giving us the baying mobs opinion.

All leaders are on a bell curve. It's just frustrating when you have one who is at the end of the bell...

As a young apprentice, ( Electrical) i was working in a well known biscuit factory in north west london. There were 3-4 apprentices working there under supervision. Come lunch time, one new lad was missing from the canteen. still missing several hours later. A search of the loading dock, storage and ancillary areas found him, trousers and Y-fronts around his ankles, gagged, with his tackle covered in molasses. This factory employed mostly women, and they had got hold of him, and this was his initiation. 1968 :eek:
100% - the women were the worst offenders. As a 16yo I worked in a plastics moulding factory during school holidays. In the factory section the men moulded these little trays which I then had to dust, stack and deliver to the female part of the factory where the women filled them with spangly lipsticks and make-up accessories.

Being held down and having a pair of 50 year old tits rubbed in my face... stripped and thrown in the cut.... groped and spanked.... all in a day's work.

Being held down and having a pair of 50 year old tits rubbed in my face... stripped and thrown in the cut.... groped and spanked.... all in a day's work.
Tell me more, I'm nearly there....!

FORMER_FYRDMAN

LE
Book Reviewer
I wonder though, how many commanders of whatever rank who found themselves in Toosey's position were able to meet or even come close to those high standards?

Agreed, but it's still what we should aspire to. We'll only get part of the way before we fall short but it'll still be further than we'd get otherwise.

Wire hangers are enough to do it for me. If ever I reach into a wardrobe in order to deposit or retrieve an item of clothing and I encounter wire coat hangers.... That's it.... I'm seriously off on one.
You've never tried to unblock an outside drain then.
I would have bought an old wire coat hanger off you for a small fortune a few weeks back.
The amount of people telling me to find one to do the drain and it's easier to get hold of plutonium than a pissing wire coat hanger.

As a young apprentice, ( Electrical) i was working in a well known biscuit factory in north west london. There were 3-4 apprentices working there under supervision. Come lunch time, one new lad was missing from the canteen. still missing several hours later. A search of the loading dock, storage and ancillary areas found him, trousers and Y-fronts around his ankles, gagged, with his tackle covered in molasses. This factory employed mostly women, and they had got hold of him, and this was his initiation. 1968 :eek:

This would have been late 80s/early 90s:

A former mate of mine joined a factory straight from school. The (mainly female) staff was still cash paid and 'wages day' at the end of the week always had a good vibe. If people went for a few drinks at lunchtime, it could get quite festive.

One wages day, a foreman 'mentioned' that it was my mate's birthday. He almost had it away on his toes, but was overpowered by a mob of middle aged harridans who stripped him naked. He was then smeared with a mixture of Swarfega, engine grease, and God knows what else, before being thrown in a water vat outside.

The male staff and managers thought it was funny.

That kind of thing was commonplace at one time. Perhaps he should have started a #MeToo movement...

You've never tried to unblock an outside drain then.
I would have bought an old wire coat hanger off you for a small fortune a few weeks back.
The amount of people telling me to find one to do the drain and it's easier to get hold of plutonium than a pissing wire coat hanger.
Cheapskate. Buy a decent set of drain rods.

And on that note they make the world's best wedding present. Cheaper than the call out fee for the first drain blockage and will still be useful long after the toast rack has been consigned to the charity shop and the lovey - dovey has evaporated.

MrBane

LE
Kit Reviewer
Reviews Editor
How do you propose to impose your will on the enemy if you can't impose your will on a misbehaving colleague or superior when you're actually in the right? How do you propose to protect those in your charge if you can't protect yourself?

I'm not saying for one moment that it's easy or that, ultimately, it might not cost you your job, but I am saying that, if you don't want to be picked on and as long as you're not a knob about it, it's worthwhile making everyone aware that you're not scared of doing the right thing even if it's difficult or means losing your job.

Ultimately the army needs people who find a way to win, however outnumbered and however unfair the situation seems. Everyone else above a certain rank who goes with the flow is just making up the numbers and actually displaying a fair degree of moral cowardice.

I don't dish out thumbs down often, but that gets one, purely because it just misses the reality of the situation people often find themselves in. It's not misbehaving, it's someone deciding consciously or not, to make someone's life a misery. That could be overtly, by the big bastard full screw who bullies the wee Tpr who ends up trying to hang himself in his bedroom, causing the girlfriend to come screeching into the guardroom one night, or it could be more covertly by the WO2 who decides to **** with a JNCO at every chance he gets, because he doesn't like him, and when the JNCO speaks to other JNCOs and influential SNCOs about it, gets told just to keep his chin up and hopefully it'll stop, and that it's not something he should take further.

It's like looking at a rope bridge over a wide, gaping chasm, and when you look at the folk stood around you, they all say, "I wouldn't cross that if I were you..."

It also simply doesn't work comparing it to 'how do you deal with the enemy'. Two totally different things.

Sorry, but you've missed the mark by a long shot there.

Cheapskate. Buy a decent set of drain rods.

And on that note they make the world's best wedding present. Cheaper than the call out fee for the first drain blockage and will still be useful long after the toast rack has been consigned to the charity shop and the lovey - dovey has evaporated.
Does convention stipulate that the said wedding present must be new... and clean before presentation... if you don't like that side of the family?

Does convention stipulate that the said wedding present must be new... and clean before presentation... if you don't like that side of the family?
You could send a shitty message...

How do you propose to impose your will on the enemy if you can't impose your will on a misbehaving colleague or superior when you're actually in the right?
It's considered bad form to shoot at your colleagues, and I I never managed to find a translator who was willing to hang around while I launched a minor AGAI against a member of the Taliban.

FORMER_FYRDMAN

LE
Book Reviewer
I don't dish out thumbs down often, but that gets one, purely because it just misses the reality of the situation people often find themselves in. It's not misbehaving, it's someone deciding consciously or not, to make someone's life a misery. That could be overtly, by the big bastard full screw who bullies the wee Tpr who ends up trying to hang himself in his bedroom, causing the girlfriend to come screeching into the guardroom one night, or it could be more covertly by the WO2 who decides to **** with a JNCO at every chance he gets, because he doesn't like him, and when the JNCO speaks to other JNCOs and influential SNCOs about it, gets told just to keep his chin up and hopefully it'll stop, and that it's not something he should take further.

It's like looking at a rope bridge over a wide, gaping chasm, and when you look at the folk stood around you, they all say, "I wouldn't cross that if I were you..."

It also simply doesn't work comparing it to 'how do you deal with the enemy'. Two totally different things.

Sorry, but you've missed the mark by a long shot there.

Which is why, had you read my posts carefully, I wrote (post 77): "...junior soldiers and junior officers should be suitably nurtured and protected..."

Above a certain rank, however, soldiers have to take the responsibility of shaping the framework of their existence and take whatever risks are required to get things right/protect those who they're responsible for. There are no exhaustive rules for this but it's why you get the pay and the privileges.

Last edited:
Swearing at a junior officer. Well I never.
You comment is more than a little trite . . . ignoring the fact that . . . "he threw a chair and swore at a junior officer".

FORMER_FYRDMAN

LE
Book Reviewer
It's considered bad form to shoot at your colleagues, and I I never managed to find a translator who was willing to hang around while I launched a minor AGAI against a member of the Taliban.

Presumably you know this because you were considered sufficiently wise to know whom to shoot and whom to AGAI, sufficiently determined to do either if required and sufficiently intelligent not to get confused when doing so.

Latest Threads