Three Brigadiers in three months - sacked or suspended…

...which in turn has been superseded by the Defence Logistics Framework

A thrilling read for the insomniacs amongst us. :grin:

Indeed it has, but it makes my eyes bleed and of course the single chart above have been replaced by Annex A- U so 21 different standard priority lists :)

Now here is something odd.

As a Major I had a very hard time in one particular appointment. These days I am sure it would be classed as bullying. There were times when, after a particular savage period, I would find myself throwing up in the bogs. It was relentless.

Yet paradoxically the job, and getting through it relatively unscathed was one of the best things that happened to me and I survived, and indeed thrived, as a result.

I would not wish it on anyone though.
I presume you are referring to the dynastic cnut? Like father, like son?

Truxx

LE
I presume you are referring to the dynastic cnut? Like father, like son?
That may be a bit harsh on cnuts.

And very much so. Worse perhaps.

Me 3 months in to MS5 - get me out of here.....

MS5 this will be the end of your career. - why not stick it out for a couple more months (everyone was convinced he was going to get sacked - flagpoles in Gib?)

2 months later

Me to MS5. OK I am surviving - maybe I will stick it out

MS5 Hard luck - he wants to sack you......

It took the personal intervention of the Military Secretary to put the skids under that. But inevitably the relationship remained less then harmonious.

...which in turn has been superseded by the Defence Logistics Framework

A thrilling read for the insomniacs amongst us. :grin:

Indeed it has, but it makes my eyes bleed and of course the single chart above have been replaced by Annex A- U so 21 different standard priority lists :)
I'm sure I heard that the Defence Logistics Framework is being replaced (hopefully by something remarkably similar to JSP 886?) as someone has belatedly realised that replacing the 48 page Stocktaking Policy (for example) with a few paragraphs of policy, a handful of Role and Responsibilities descriptions and some Glossary examples is a flipping silly idea.

Niamac

GCM
Was that Tim P? Excellent chap, shared an office with him when he was an SO2. His only dirty secret was that in his youth, he had not been a train spotter, but a bus spotter! His wife made the mistake of telling me when I was chatting to her, having answered his phone in her absence, with no idea on her part just how huge a revelation she had just blabbed ;)
Was not on first name terms with him but I think he was Charlie Page. This happened about '67 so if he is still alive he'll be in his nineties.

Yup

1. What is gross misconduct?​

Gross misconduct is behaviour, on the part of an employee, which is so bad that it destroys the employer/employee relationship, and merits instant dismissal without notice or pay in lieu of notice.

(Such dismissal without notice is often called ‘summary dismissal’.)

Not unless proven. Or do you believe malicious allegations are a human right?

Latest Threads