Three Brigadiers in three months - sacked or suspended…

Yokel

LE
From what @rickshaw described, it was he - and others - who sought treatment/advice, from the MRS . . NOT the ARRSE of a CO.

Indeed but he then described the twat CO career fouling him for seeking medical assistance and taking medical advice. Surely following the doctor's advice and taking and prescription or other treatment is your duty - to ignore it is 'self inflicted injury'. No?

Last edited:
The 1970s called - they want you back.
Oh! . . . you mean it will all be different, with the future mergers you anticipate . . . In spite of all the wishful thinking, I’d suggest NOT . . . !!

Last edited:
Two different points . . .

Indeed but he then described the twat CO career fouling him for seeking medical assistance and taking medical advice.

The CO was not bothered, not interested, expected everyone to be immune to unnecessary (?) pressure, and interpreted it as a weakness, that needed to be reported on :( .

Surely following the doctor's advice and taking and prescription or other treatment is your duty - to ignore it is 'self inflicted injury'. No?

Correct. @Yokel sensibly did do that.

Bubbles_Barker

LE
Book Reviewer
Oh! . . . you mean it will all be different, with the future mergers you anticipate . . . In spite of all the wishful thinking, I’d suggest NOT . . . !!
Can you stop shouting old chap? I’m a bit deaf in the higher ranges but there’s still no need.

Truxx

LE
It is remotely possible that I am wrong, but from memory that is where it began. Which has always struck me as odd because if there had to be some amalgamation (to resolve the actual issue at hand) then a RAOC/REME mash up was the more obvious way to go.

But it was a million years ago and these days I struggle to remember my phone number.
@RCT(V)

How can you possibly disagree with any of that, particularly as it was caveatted with a comment about my own recollection?

Or are you suggesting that I am not as senile as I think I am?

It is remotely possible that I am wrong, but from memory that is where it began. Which has always struck me as odd because if there had to be some amalgamation (to resolve the actual issue at hand) then a RAOC/REME mash up was the more obvious way to go.

But it was a million years ago and these days I struggle to remember my phone number.
@RCT(V)

How can you possibly disagree with any of that, particularly as it was caveatted with a comment about my own recollection?

Or are you suggesting that I am not as senile as I think I am?

I am totally, fundamentally, absolutely, in disagreement, with any suggestion, that ANY problem can be resolved my merging “that problem” with the RAOC :( !!

See: my tirade at post #334 . . .

"The examples of tanks not (yet) been repaired, of REME been short of parts/spares, cannot, will not, be resolved by merging REME with the very organisation that is responsible for not having, for withholding, for not releasing, the required stores. It is the shortage, the obstinacy, and the inflexibility, within the supply function that needs to be resolved !!"

Aquavite

Old-Salt
I am totally, fundamentally, absolutely, in disagreement, with any suggestion, that ANY problem can be resolved my merging “that problem” with the RAOC :( !!

"The examples of tanks not (yet) been repaired, of REME been short of parts/spares, cannot, will not, be resolved by merging REME with the very organisation that is responsible for not having, for withholding, for not releasing, the required stores. It is the shortage, the obstinacy, and the inflexibility, within the supply function that needs to be resolved !!"
Shhh, you're just embarrassing yourself now.

Can you stop shouting old chap? I’m a bit deaf in the higher ranges but there’s still no need.
It is not necessarily “shouting” . . . and, whilst the multitude of formatting tools are available, I choose to use some of them for emphasis . . . I said it is for EMPHASIS !! ;) .

The deaf old bugger . . . ;) .

Bubbles_Barker

LE
Book Reviewer
And there was me hoping for a sensible, grown-up, suggestion . . . I obviously expected too much :( .
I’m not your researcher chum, make an effort.

Bubbles_Barker

LE
Book Reviewer

You do realise the RCT and RAOC ceased to exist nearly 3 decades ago? I’m guessing by your username that amalgamation interfered with your outdated views of logistics, even for those days. That your internal view has survived for so long is testament to your obstinacy if nothing else.

The rest of us have moved on, well, most of us it seems, you are clearly embedded very deeply in a world of your own making, I hope it’s fun in there.

I’ll ask you a question - what do you think the current OTIF demand satisfaction rates for the most critical SPC are across the Defence supply chain?

I’ll take that back. You don’t have a clue what I’m talking about.

You do realise the RCT and RAOC ceased to exist nearly 3 decades ago? I’m guessing by your username that amalgamation interfered with your outdated views of logistics, even for those days. That your internal view has survived for so long is testament to your obstinacy if nothing else.

The rest of us have moved on, well, most of us it seems, you are clearly embedded very deeply in a world of your own making, I hope it’s fun in there.

Your REALLY can't help yourself . . . can you?

Did no-one mention that "sarcasm is the lowest form of whit, and exerts itself where ignorance prevails" ?!

The titles, the names, may have changed . . . the deckchairs may have been re-arranged . . . BUT, the basic task, the fundamental requirement, remains the same . . . delivering commodities !!

I’ll ask you a question - what do you think the current OTIF demand satisfaction rates for the most critical SPC are across the Defence supply chain?

I’ll take that back. You don’t have a clue what I’m talking about.

Ah! Clearly posted, in the hope that “buIIshit will baffle brains” . . .

If . . ."the current OTIF demand satisfaction rates for the most critical SPC are across the Defence supply chain", are - in fact - satisfactory . . . why the fcuk, is this thread now talking about further mergers, and trying to justify previous ones ?!

You obviously don’t appreciate the difference between knowledge (of contemporary phrases/acronyms), and, intelligence (the ability to recognise buIIshit); but don’t let that undermine your poorly disguised, condescending since of superiority :( .

It may come as no surprise that during my thirty plus years in uniform, I have been offered violence by other officers . . . what may be more of a surprise, is that it was ONLY on two occasions . . . but, on both of those occasions, it was from RAOC officers, on different occasions, years apart . . . when I strenuously, purposefully, explained to them, that their obstinacy, inflexibility, and overly conscientious adherence to archaic doctrinaire practises, were (theoretically - it was on Ex !!), jeopardising lives !!

I don’t think it is a misunderstanding, or inappropriate, to describe the RCT as having a “go-getting” attitude to fulfilling their tasks and responsibilities . . . certainly not within all the many units with which I have been associated. Even when we had a philosophy of holding supplies “on wheels”, I was uncomfortable, wanting to get them delivered, and again re-load . . .

The RAOC sources things/commodities, stores them, counts them, and then counts them againagainst the documentation that they have produced, to record what they have received and issued – and, in my experience totally oblivious to the situation/pressures of the rest of the Army with which they are operating . . . inevitably the RCT, eager to get-on-with-the-job !!

I baulked, and railed-against, the merger of the two different, incompatible philosophies, the practices and principles, that distinguish the two major “forming Corps” of the RLC.

The examples of tanks not (yet) been repaired, of REME been short of parts/spares, cannot, will not, be resolved by merging REME with the very organisation that is responsible for not having, for withholding, for not releasing, the required stores. It is the shortage, the obstinacy, and the inflexibility, within the supply function that needs to be resolved !!
That explains why you were RCT.

Truxx

LE

I am not saying anything except that a 1* cry about getting his tanks fixed caused a rethink of logistics (primary concern combat supplies, which at the time did not include vehicle spares) rather than a more obvious look into equipment support.

I did not realised that I was threatening to touch you in a special place. You can agree, disagree or sit on the fence till your heart is content, but there is none of us here, you included, that can influence a debate that took place in the early 1990s.

Oh and in case you missed it I was not saying anything was a good idea. Just saying how it was....

Bubbles_Barker

LE
Book Reviewer
Your REALLY can't help yourself . . . can you?

Did no-one mention that "sarcasm is the lowest form of whit, and exerts itself where ignorance prevails" ?!

The titles, the names, may have changed . . . the deckchairs may have been re-arranged . . . BUT, the basic task, the fundamental requirement, remains the same . . . delivering commodities !!

Ah! Clearly posted, in the hope that “buIIshit will baffle brains” . . .

If . . ."the current OTIF demand satisfaction rates for the most critical SPC are across the Defence supply chain", are - in fact - satisfactory . . . why the fcuk, is this thread now talking about further mergers, and trying to justify previous ones ?!

You obviously don’t appreciate the difference between knowledge (of contemporary phrases/acronyms), and, intelligence (the ability to recognise buIIshit); but don’t let that undermine your poorly disguised, condescending since of superiority :( .
Sigh…

As I suspected, you haven’t got the slightest idea what I’m talking about but you still feel driven to have an opinion on things you about which you by your own admission know **** all. It’s not a ‘sense of superiority’ it’s a public service when it comes to people like you. RCT my arse, I reckon you were actually a clothing storeman…

And please, again, stop shouting - your posts make you look ridiculous enough without your CapsLock ranting.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Sigh…

As I suspected, you haven’t got the slightest idea what I’m talking about but you still feel driven to have an opinion on things you about which you by your own admission know **** all. It’s not a ‘sense of superiority’ it’s a public service when it comes to people like you. RCT my arse, I reckon you were actually a clothing storeman…

And please, again, stop shouting - your posts make you look ridiculous enough without your CapsLock ranting.
I think this Loggies v Drivers spat is demonstrating perfectly why the RLC is/was not the rip roaring success that was hoped for!

Truxx

LE
I think this Loggies v Drivers spat is demonstrating perfectly why the RLC is/was not the rip roaring success that was hoped for!
To be honest, at the time, anyone who knew anything about anything knew it was bound to be a pigs ear.

But those same folks were not the ones making a name for themselves.

Last edited:

Latest Threads