Three Brigadiers in three months - sacked or suspended…

Bubbles_Barker

LE
Book Reviewer
It is not about LEADERSHIP it is about sorting out those who can take the pressure and who cannot. It is known as the embuggerence factor, sand in your scoff, little sleep etc etc.
As you resorted so quickly to petty slights I think you were in the wrong line of work.

We aren’t going to agree, it seems.

Oh well.

The Death Stare

images

"Ev yew red my book ?"
He wrote 'Bunch of Fives' while commanding 1RGJ in Cyprus.
An able but aloof soldier, he and Bramall were chalk and cheese.

Bubbles_Barker

LE
Book Reviewer
That is more true than you could ever imagine.
That may be true, but I don’t think it is. I’ve seen many more reservists’ careers ended by regulars, some rightly, some undoubtedly wrongly.

That may be true, but I don’t think it is. I’ve seen many more reservists’ careers ended by regulars, some rightly, some undoubtedly wrongly.
The reference is to their day job...

Real career or hobby career?
Because for a real career, one would expect parity in TACOS, pension, employment protection, etc

Hobby makes more sense; as long as you're enjoying it, you can overlook, forgive, and chortle at what passes for regular professionalism

Bubbles_Barker

LE
Book Reviewer
The reference is to their day job...
Really? I know you clearly bear some sort of grudge but I’m missing what you’re trying to say here.

The OP seemed to be saying that a part-timer could **** over a Regular?

I’m sure that’s true - I’m saying it’s happened more often in the other direction sometimes rightly, sometimes not.

Bubbles_Barker

LE
Book Reviewer
Because for a real career, one would expect parity in TACOS, pension, employment protection, etc

Hobby makes more sense; as long as you're enjoying it, you can overlook, forgive, and chortle at what passes for regular professionalism
Yup, it’s a hobby career for them alright!

I had a few bosses that only had to look at you, no words were necessary!

On Op HAVEN I can also recall an RM 2* (Rocket Robin) throwing a typewriter at his (OF5) DCOS.

Pathetic behaviour, but I recall HQ 3 Cdo Bde being fairly toxic then.
15 minutes ago I spent some time trying to find a similar tale(either the Times or Telegraph---- the paper was speculating the response of Rocket Robin in the event of not taking his brigade on an upcoming operation--- Gen Mike Jackson got it,)
The theory was that Gen Ross was liable to go mental and was rumoured to throw telephones at subordinates.
I can vouch for his temper having been on the other end and witnessed a few other examples including 2 majors and the MTO.( this was when he was Lt Col and then Brigadier)
He also wrecked a ski rack on a car roof, as he deemed the rack was 2nd rate.

Oh yes, deffo a bit nuts.

Bubbles_Barker

LE
Book Reviewer
15 minutes ago I spent some time trying to find a similar tale(either the Times or Telegraph---- the paper was speculating the response of Rocket Robin in the event of not taking his brigade on an upcoming operation--- Gen Mike Jackson got it,)
The theory was that Gen Ross was liable to go mental and was rumoured to throw telephones at subordinates.
I can vouch for his temper having been on the other end and witnessed a few other examples including 2 majors and the MTO.( this was when he was Lt Col and then Brigadier)
He also wrecked a ski rack on a car roof, as he deemed the rack was 2nd rate.

Oh yes, deffo a bit nuts.
He was a knob! Everybody ran scared which only encouraged him more.

Last edited:

Bubbles_Barker

LE
Book Reviewer
well, its lucky so many have a hobby that helps pull the army out of its manning blackhole
It is lucky, no doubt about it.

But still a hobby, what they do in their day job is their profession.

. . . an act of cuntishness. Loads of people in positions of responsibility have them, but the Services seem to have a greater proportion than most.
Only a suggestion . . . but, it may have something to do with those in the Services, being of the moral, psychological, disposition of having volunterrily, willingly, embarked upon a career requiring them to be prepared to kill others personally (or issue orders to do so) . . . and, at the same time know, that they themselves could loose their lives . . . something not usually included in a civilian job description :( .

Bubbles_Barker

LE
Book Reviewer
Only a suggestion . . . but, it may have something to do with those in the Services, being of the moral, psychological, disposition of having volunterrily, willingly, embarked upon a career requiring them to be prepared to kill others personally (or issue orders to do so) . . . and, at the same time know, that they themselves could loose their lives . . . something not usually included in a civilian job description :( .
I think the volunteer, non- conscripted officers of our wars of national survival would give the lie to that.

I just think some nutters get through the net and drink their own bath water.

So much revealed in only three sentences, that indicate you do not know how a lot of "Reservists" (TA), regard their commitment and responsibilities.

well, its lucky so many have a hobby that helps pull the army out of its manning blackhole
. . . manning "blackholes" . . . lack of knowledge and experience . . . continuity . . . moral integrity . . .

Last edited:

Alamo

LE
Oh come on. Of those in the services I would wager less than 5% have killed someone, and about 80% have never given it any really serious thought. As for the chance of being killed themselves, even fewer. The notion that the services is staffed by steely eyed killers is utter bunkum.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Look on the bright side, what with the CEA courts martial and these brigadiers getting their jotters, this must be making the Values & Standards lectures at Sandhurst so much easier. So many examples to use. :)

Latest Threads