Threats to the UK in 2020

Oy oy Saveloy ..... my post code is BR1 ..yet some how my council tax is paid to London Borough of Lewisham..

so now who's the c**t? ..ha ha

Get your fecking arrse up and ready for a pint and a fight

Joker's gagging for it .. and not in a good way
Listen wänker, if you've moved up in the world, and you now have a 'BR' postcode, then you're either squatting or living in a tent in a park.
Otherwise, you're selling sniff or puff.

In regards to @Joker62 being 'up for it', have you told him yet, that he'll have to buy a round using currency that has our 'current' Queen's head on it, rather than that dodgy monopoly money that he tries to use?
Also, on that note; don't think that Joker and myself will be letting you get away with the excuse that you 'left your wallet at home' you tight arrsed b'stard.

Nato123

On ROPS
On ROPs
Rubbish. Not everyone is as stupid as what you are.
And what the f*** has this load of old b******s got to do with anything?
There have been plenty of terrorist attacks in the UK, carried out outside of the capital you moron.
Do you still keep in touch with your abseiling Kiwi mate btw?

ha ha ha ... and ha ha, in a 3/4 of a boccle of Morgan's Spice chugged down me Gregory kinda way ... .. hoo ray up she rises , erlie in the morning ...

Ya pair of c**ts

diverman

LE
Book Reviewer
What threats to the UK are possibles for 2020?

There is always the chance of an Islamist inspired outrage resulting in death and injury to the public. XRW terrorism would seem to be focussed in individual outrages, not "spectaculars". It seems as if Republican terrorists are getting more active (@LEGZ30 would you be able to comment?)

We do seem to be letting foreign powers ( possibly potentially hostile) take control of parts of our CNI, or place their kit and equipment in same - Huawei and 5G, for example. Plus the recently agreed sale of Chobham, albeit to a US VC firm. Best friends maybe, but why has HMG not revealed the restricted covenants required for approval of the sale? Because they are weak and don't restrict access to foreign powers post sale?

Is HMG sufficiently aware of the long term threat this could represent, or is the free market King?

I fully expect an Islamist outrage. But what other threats?
The eu trying to break the UK over BREXIT.

Nato123

On ROPS
On ROPs
Listen wänker, if you've moved up in the world, and you now have a 'BR' postcode, then you're either squatting or living in a tent in a park.
Otherwise, you're selling sniff or puff.

In regards to @Joker62 being 'up for it', have you told him yet, that he'll have to buy a round using currency that has our 'current' Queen's head on it, rather than that dodgy monopoly money that he tries to use?
Also, on that note; don't think that Joker and myself will be letting you get away with the excuse that you 'left your wallet at home' you tight arrsed b'stard.

Ha ha, i may or may not have had a friend known as 'Chef' due to him cooking up crack , but you know me Son, cash is king... my pockets are fat, ya get me?

none of your 2 pints of John Smith's an then home malarkey ...

This will be us

The eu trying to break the UK over BREXIT.
Dunno about you, but I'm still waiting to hear as to why the EU wants to keep the pesky UK in their clique.
After all, if the UK needs the EU more than they need us - as the remoaners keep on insisting that we do, why do they seem so reluctant to bid us good bye?

Does one dislike the truth, just add in a little anti-semitism and you have Labour/momentum down to a tee.
If only there were about a thousand threads for this to be discussed in.

Bore off.

Well, me old mate, Mindswept 007, I served 23 years plus, on Ops, and can't understand what you indicated as a threat from a perceived Ally? If you mean sleeper cell ISIS or PIRA how's about simply saying that?

Care to elaborate for us not living on your Planet? ...or at least give us the chance to get as pi55ed as you must be.
Insider attacks google them.

If only there were about a thousand threads for this to be discussed in.

Bore off.
Do you not believe then that the ELW may not pose a potential threat to the jews of this country?
Not looking for an argument, and I'm genuinely not trying to bait you either.
My question to you is genuine.

An interesting take, but how do you intend to stop the guy with the Louisville Slugger who is going to tee off on your kneecap and grape?
Run away, simples.

Dunno about you, but I'm still waiting to hear as to why the EU wants to keep the pesky UK in their clique.
After all, if the UK needs the EU more than they need us - as the remoaners keep on insisting that we do, why do they seem so reluctant to bid us good bye?
Why not ask in one of the plethora of Brexit threads?

You could very well be right, in terms of strategy, but in terms of the impact and global news, London would make a better target. Not a lot of people outside the UK know about the other cities you mentioned...
Fair point, well presented. The alternative view is that, for the rest of the UK{with a few obvious, tragic exceptions like Manchester}terrorism can safely be regarded as a London problem. Hitting targets outside the capital increases the impact on the national psyche. And by doing so makes the response terrorists want to provoke - repression by the government and the security forces, retaliatory attacks on Muslims by XRW terrorists - that much more likely.

I think Western society is headed the same way as the Roman Empire. We are constantly striving to be seen abiding by, and playing by Queensbury rules, often handicapping ourselves in some way or another to demonstrate virtue...

Then along come the countries who have been playing the waiting game...with their fancy MMA, baseball bats and knuckle dusters...

Latest Threads