Threatening Interview.

1 Find his home address 192.com is your friend for that.

2 Get a photo of his front door off Google Streetview.

3 Wait until he starts ranting, then just slide the photo of his front door across the table.

4 Mention how convenient it must be that his kids can go to a school so close to his home.

Works every time.
I recall an anecdote somewhere where a boss was told:

"If you give me a shite appraisal (or similar), then you'll join the once a week club!"
"What's the 'Once a week Club'?"
says the boss
"Well every week, one of my friends (he was a biker) will ride past your house and stick a brick through your window"

RP578

LE
Book Reviewer
I have only ever had one bloke ask to record a disciplinary hearing, no odds to me and I agreed. He turned it off half way through because he was aware that he was lying and didn't want to record himself doing so.
I wonder if it might be prudent for both parties to make their own recordings if one of them wants to do so. It might stop potential doctoring/selective editing, but also as in your case liars often expose their own falsehoods. Having already agreed, indeed requested, to record proceedings, they can hardly stop you continuing to do so when they now longer wish to do so.

Having read some of the replies I do remember advising a Senior Manager who had come to my remote office that it was universally regarded that he was dressed like a bag of sh11te. I reinforced this by declaration that I am ex Army WO and another of staff was ex Sgt. He nearly started crying.

Having read some of the replies I do remember advising a Senior Manager who had come to my remote office that it was universally regarded that he was dressed like a bag of sh11te. I reinforced this by declaration that I am ex Army WO and another of staff was ex Sgt. He nearly started crying.
I was called into a disciplinary interview regarding the scruffy state of my attire. The senior manager reminded me that I was an Army WO1.

After thoughtfully running my fingers through my beard, I pointed out that the Army paid me more than he did and also supplied the clothing. I also mentioned that I had the shiniest boots on the construction site.

No harm in a record if only to keep your own memory of what was really said not what you remember was said.

I am also happy, for a nominal fee, to be prepared to abseil down onto the balcony and burst in if it gets ugly.
Not that I've ever done it before you understand. *Cough*

Always remember that HR are there to help you as an individual and they are not there to act in the interests of the company

I was called into a disciplinary interview regarding the scruffy state of my attire. The senior manager reminded me that I was an Army WO1.

After thoughtfully running my fingers through my beard, I pointed out that the Army paid me more than he did and also supplied the clothing. I also mentioned that I had the shiniest boots on the construction site.

Gen dit Robbo cop it. In the spirit of correct attire and professional appearance.

If you were the full Colonel hanging around outside Exeter airport tonight all unzipped and slouching defeatedly (probably after your Southampton plane got diverted)
I apologise for
1. Jumping the taxi queue because I booked a cab the day before (5Ps)
2. Shouting “get your hands out your ******* pockets you scruffy Herbert” as I was driven away by stavaros the northern Greek cabbie

It felt right at the time and I was “in wine”

I cannot recall the last return to work interview I have had and I have had quite a bit of time off in the past 12 months.

No harm in a record if only to keep your own memory of what was really said not what you remember was said.

I am also happy, for a nominal fee, to be prepared to abseil down onto the balcony and burst in if it gets ugly.
Not that I've ever done it before you understand. *Cough*
I fondly remember last Saturday being directed by the Met Plod to wander down past princes gate with my beautiful wife even the thought the road was closed and the rain was in buckets. It is hard to remember with pride that 32,000 special them forces stormed this location back in 1980. We walked for a further mile before a taxi picked us up.

Recording such an encounter falls under article 2c of GDPR and constitutes 'personal use'.
Fully admissible as evidence if required in either law or employment law scenarios.

Ref: ICO

sirbhp

LE
Book Reviewer
I think you need his consent to record the interview. Covert recording might be a breach of the law.

Wordsmith
No you don't , every business meeting is subject to note taking . OK you cant RECORD him but notes are good . be verbatim and short key phrases. If the ****** is silly enough you date and sign the note and get him to do the same . That will trim his sails for him. Done it many times( hundreds in fact from both sides of the table .) . I don't know that its usual for a third independent person to be with you at this level unless this is a form of disciplinary rather than a welcome back interview . .

If you cant get him to sign the book once you have done so yourself and if you disagree with him you could vocalise diplomatically ask him to CLARIFY and CONFIRM statements like "I saved your Job for you ," "oh thank you sir and can you tell me what you did so i can fully understand ? " so forth.
If he says anything untoward you may counter , thanks for that but it was my understanding that HR .... etc.

Then if you think he has misrepresented himself go to HR and ask them to confirm he saved your job or other key points , again taking your note book.

Is it that he is a pompous captain Mannering type who gets up your nose or is he in fact a bully ?

If he tells you to put the notebook away let him talk be noncommittal yourself and write them up as soon as you leave his office date and sign them . Take records of all your interactions with him just after the fact date and sign them. keep records and keep more records . It might help you case to tell aco worker what happened in the meeting as well providing that co worker will repeat this at atribunal or HR meeting and not cower away from it .

By the sounds of it your relationships are fractured and it couldbe worth keeping the diary just incase anyway.

sirbhp

LE
Book Reviewer
Please dont ever forget that HR are NOT there to serve you , their only Role is to stop you sueing the company and costing them money . their job is to protect the company from its staff. No matter how much they smile .

Latest Threads