Thread titles

Discussion in 'ARRSE: Site Issues' started by Micawber, Mar 22, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Dear Mods, I hope everyone takes this in the spirit in which it is meant and I am not trying to be a grammar or spelling Nazi, but is there anyway you can run your eye over the thread titles every now and then and correct obvious typos or rampant spelling mistakes?

I'm sure the OPs wouldn't mind. We're currently discussing leagl matters re Lybia and there have been some real howlers in the past that occasionally make the site look a bit er......dim.

If we are trying to maintain a bit of service culture on here then a bit of 'bull' might not go amiss.

A discreet tweak, mind, not show 'show thread title correctly spelled' for the OP.

2. Can you start with your own user name please? It should be spelled p e d a n t i c w a n k e r.
  3. Why?

If someone writes 'their are going too be cuts to the defense budget this year'

Does that throw people completely off track?

I understand it even with the bad grammar and spelling.

We live in a time of spelling and grammar mongs. Simples but not really a problem.
  4. Sixty

Sixty LE Moderator Book Reviewer
    1. ARRSE Cyclists and Triathletes

I generally do both here and in CA but a quick PM with any that have been missed should do the trick.

Sent from my HTC phone using witchcraft and Tapatalk
  5. You can send messages using witchcraft?

6. 5A - I did say obvious or rampant errors, you abrasive twat.
  7. Good CO

Good CO LE Admin

As long as the message is communicated without ambiguity, there would seem to be no need for this whatsoever! An indication of my low standards perhaps.
  8. oldbaldy

oldbaldy LE Moderator Good Egg (charities)
    1. Battlefield Tours

Where is Lybia?
    Or do you mean the country squeezed between Eygpt, Algeria, Niger and Chad and a little bit of border with Sudan?
  9. And in my dicksionary it says LEGAL, not LEAGL.

I left another spelling mysteak in the OP for some one else.

Can you see what I did there.
  10. I apologise completely for using the word dim, it was poorly chosen and wasn't what I meant. The whole site is littered with errors, many of them mine, and it doesn't matter a hoot.

I'm not talking about the posts, but if I'd mullered a word in a thread title I'd be very grateful if someone discreetly corrected it right for me.

I'll bugger off now.
  11. ..oh so nothing to do with Lady parts then