Thread subscription

Discussion in 'ARRSE: Site Issues' started by vvaannmmaann, Oct 30, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Out of the blue I have just received notification of replies to threads.Not asked for or wanted.Is it just me?
    I have deleted all the threads from my account.
    What happened?
  2. daywalker

daywalker LE Reviewer

Happened to me yesterday, suddenly started getting emails about threads !!!

Sent from my iPhone using ARRSE
  3. Command_doh

Command_doh LE Book Reviewer

I am having millions of these sent to me, and I don't want any of them. I would assume its in 'account options' or something, but I'm chin straped from a nightshift and will do it later.

Unless the site's bollocksed and everyone's got it suddenly...
  4. I have got that about one thread I replied to so not too much just to delete but it is a bit strange
  5. Subscribed Threads with New Posts: (0)
    There are no subscribed threads to display in this folder for this time period.
    View all Subscribed Threads

Still getting them.Very odd.Can we please sort it!
    My wife and I have very different senses of humour,she does not get "mens" humour.
  6. Think as Command_doh says you have to do it yourself. You need to go to Settings, then general settings and change the Default Thread Subscription mode to whatever you want in the drop down menu.
  7. Auld-Yin

Auld-Yin LE Reviewer Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

the system has started to send emails when you add a post to a thread then someone comes in afterwards. It seems to be putting on an automatic 'Notify me' when you post on a thread.

Just started recently for me.
  8. I tried altering it in my general settings, but I still have ******* 22 Emails today from Arrse about threads that I don't want. Not funny.
  9. Auld-Yin

Auld-Yin LE Reviewer Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

Just as well email is free :)
  10. I've got this too
  11. Good point. :) I've just knocked out the option 'Receive Email from Administator' on a temporary basis to see if that stops it.
  12. Is it safe to reply to threads yet? I have now tried "Logging out" and then back in to see if it helps.
    Ironically,I need a reply to see if it works!
  13. Try this one and see if it works
  14. Thanks johnny,
    No,I'm still getting the notification.
  15. It was happening to me yesterday, but seems to have stopped (or at least I think it has) once I changed the settings thing.