Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Thread notifications

RBMK

LE
Book Reviewer
I seem to have 3 permanent notifications
1606590188911.png

These won't disappear no matter what I do.

Tried selecting all, mark read etc..
This has only happened within the last 24 hours

Any clues as to how to remove these?

Bad CO

Admin
The developer has just released another update which is now live!

All feedback gratefully received.....

StBob072

LE
Book Reviewer
We've gone from thread notifications being erratic to being, apparently, permanent.

At the moment, I've got four that just won't go away. Previously, if something was new and you clicked on the drop-down bar or clicked through, once you'd done that notifications were no longer new and they went away.

Now, unless you look at something, notifications seem to be permanent - which makes no sense and doesn't help when managing what one might look at/comment on.

I feel your pain. I've had the same trouble, have to look at something just to make it go away. I was also referred to as a "quote mong" (well I've had worse), because the new system seems to use a different method which you have to go to an obscure and not very intuitive way of altering, thereby allowing you to call the quoted person by an insulting name.

It quite spoiled my fun for a bit ...

Cold_Collation

LE
Book Reviewer
I feel your pain. I've had the same trouble, have to look at something just to make it go away. I was also referred to as a "quote mong" (well I've had worse), because the new system seems to use a different method which you have to go to an obscure and not very intuitive way of altering, thereby allowing you to call the quoted person by an insulting name.

It quite spoiled my fun for a bit ...
I still think you're lovely.

Kirkz

LE

I still can't disable the chat function, I'm stuck with the chat bar blocking the bottom of the screen.
If I try and disable it I get a pop up saying I don't have permission to perform this action.
Any ideas boss?

Does it make the process any less confuzzled - ie; simple and easy to comprehend? Some of us are old, Pinot Noir- and Cava-raddled, and some even whisky-bound. It's all so confusing.

Cheers - that worked for me
Most odd and will see what happens going forward for the rest of the day

RBMK

LE
Book Reviewer
Another way:

Click on your avatar top right
Click on "alerts"
Then click the "unread box"
Then "mark read"

This worked for me.

Latest Threads