Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Thread notifications

Cold_Collation

LE
Book Reviewer
We've gone from thread notifications being erratic to being, apparently, permanent.

At the moment, I've got four that just won't go away. Previously, if something was new and you clicked on the drop-down bar or clicked through, once you'd done that notifications were no longer new and they went away.

Now, unless you look at something, notifications seem to be permanent - which makes no sense and doesn't help when managing what one might look at/comment on.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Ditto, they seem to be all over the place at the moment. I have and indication for 4 unread but have read them all. Also they jump about from sorted by thread to time based. Also I keep getting the summarize threads notifications even though I switch it off, every time!

@Bad CO is this fixable as it is getting to be slightly annoying?

Chef

LE
Not just me then.

Bad CO

Admin
Try now, I'm hoping it is fixed?

Kirkz

LE
I've got that issue with notifications and also an issue with the chat bar at the bottom of the page.
Got a notification someone had sent me a chat message, had to enable chat to read and answer it.
When I click the disable chat button I get a pop up box telling me I don't have permission to view this page or perform this action and the chat bar won't go away, when I change or refresh the page it just turns back on and it's damn annoying.
Can this be fixed ? @Bad CO
Chat issue.png

Ravers

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Got the same problem. iPad and iPhone.

Cold_Collation

LE
Book Reviewer
Stop buying apple crap then Mr. Trendy.
I use Apple because as a one-man band I got sick of Windows buggering me about.

Client relations aren't helped by security patches to email browsers which then block all emails until a patch for the over-enthusiastic patch is implemented. It had it happen more than once. I don't get that with Apple.

Oh, and @Bad CO the notifications are all to cock again.

Bad CO

Admin
Another tweak has been made, let me know if it has been successful!

Kirkz

LE
Another tweak has been made, let me know if it has been successful!
I still can't disable "chat" either.
Bloody annoying thing.

Last edited:

Chef

LE
No change here.

Latest Threads