Thread locked - why?

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by Victorian_Major, May 5, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Sorry chaps, but I thought that Darwinism prevailed with dull threads and they died in the depths of the forums.

I can't fathom why the Stop Common Purpose thread has been locked. This was an object lesson in wibble meeting weality but pretty harmless. So why the locking? I'm being sent to one of their meetings soon and could have provided Arrse with an update as to what it is all about.

A little over zealous, or at the behest of Darksiders? I think we should be told.
  2. Care to explain what its about mate? your post is deleted
  3. Er, I'm not the original poster. However, the guy was railing against this bunch.

...and had set up a whole website about it which he has since pulled. There's clearly some beef against Common Purpose because their wiki entry has some adverse comment too.

But I'd be grateful for an explanation for the locking...
  4. msr

msr LE

Well, with this lot ranged against them they must be in trouble: Common Purpose has of late come under criticism from intelligence writer Christopher Story, a former adviser to Prime Minister Margaret Thatcher, and ex-British naval officer and submarine warfare expert[citation needed] Brian Gerrish who claim that its aim is to control the United Kingdom. Similar criticism of the organisation has come from the Campaign for an Independent Britain, the United Kingdom Independence Party, David Icke and the British National Party. Common Purpose trustees recently issued a brief response to these criticisms on their website.

5. Well as fcuking useless as this is going to sound If the BNP say its bad i believe them, They are total nationalist racist wnakers but they only want the best for this country and i didnt understand it anyway - pissed of half a can of fosters you see.

6. That's as may be - but no reason to lock the thread. Crap threads just wither on the vine, but I've found myself in a conversation with these people and would have been able to comment back to Arrse, agreeing with or disagreeing with the original poster. I can't understand why the thread was locked though.
  7. Forastero

Forastero LE Moderator

Because it was dull, boring and going absolutely nowhere. If there really is that much of a hole in your Sunday evening, you can have it back if you like and wibble away..
  8. Thanks for the reply.

On the face of it, I agree. But dig a bit deeper and the conspiracy theorists have clearly homed in on CP and my employer is asking me to have a look at them. So I felt that the thread might have merit in the future.

So you can kill this thread and open up the old one? I suspect that CP will turn out to be a pretty banal biz-pyramid but they could be the next stonecutters and I'll be inviting you all. :wink:
  9. So just like Labour, the Tories, the Lib Dems, UKIP, the BNP, Respect (sic), The communist party of Britain, The Islamic Party the Bring a bottle party, etc etc.....
  10. Forastero

Forastero LE Moderator

All yours!