Thread issues

Discussion in 'ARRSE: Site Issues' started by Bravo_Zulu, Jan 21, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. In the last couple of days, on some thread but not all, I've noticed that when I open the thread it scrolls to the bottom without me doing anything; every time this happens the advert frame at the bottom of the screen is white with a little blue dead link in the corner. I only notice this with ARRSE threads; it's starting to get annoying. What's going on? Is anyone else having this?

2. meridian

meridian LE Good Egg (charities)

Did you click on the little brown square at the end of the thread title, this takes you to the last post in the thread?

Adverts not showing, do you have some sort of ad blobking either on your PC or higher up in the network?

3. I've had exactly the same problem, it happens when I click the next page number too.

4. Me too, however i just overcome and adapt the situation....by scralling to the top of the page with ze mouse thingy !! :wink:

5. Good CO

Good CO LE Admin

Very odd as I don't get this. Can you all tell me which browser you use and also a link where it happens - even if it's every page of a certain type, a definite link would help.

6. I just had it clicking on here

7. I'm using Safari. I had it straight after posting this thread. I see all the other ads; just occasionally it happens

I'll have a scout around till it happens again then post a link.

Edited to add links:

Link

Link

8. Sixty

Sixty LE Moderator Book Reviewer
    1. ARRSE Cyclists and Triathletes

I'm on IE6 here (at work) and it happens randomly. It just happened when I clicked on the Israel / Hamas thread in CA.

Has never happened at home on Firefox though.

9. I'm using IE7, and like Bovvy I get a glimpse of the top of the page, before it zooms down to the bottom.

10. Just like the others.
    Straight to the last post

11. I can report no problems down here and even if there were I would not

complain. The weather is absolutely glorious and I am spending a lot of

time fishing. Perhaps I have died and gone to heaven. :wink:

12. Weird, if I use firefox some of bovvy's links it goes to last post on a page, some not. AOL (I know its shite), all go to the last post on the page?

Doesn't bother me that much though.

13. 2 days now this is happening.

I click on the serious forums at the top and end up somewhere around Reme/Rlc

I have no idea what i use,i can switch it on,shop and go on arrse :oops:

Just used the back button and ended up badgers arrse bit.