Thousand Island?

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by trickywoo56, Oct 31, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Just moved hise. Wife bit discombob. Also Foreign Type. Orders two kebabs on the dog - both with Isle of Wight dressing.

2. What?

3. I think I understand it, but TW, had you indulged in a relaxing beverage or 8 before posting? :?
  4. J_D

J_D LE

Ordered a kebab on the bog?

Me thinks TW is going to regret this when the beer fog clears :roll:
  5. Anya, I think he means dog = dog & bone = 'phone... :D
  6. Reckon we got a 007 type here. You know, 'Times' folded under the arm, red carnation, under the clock at Charing X - sidles up to his 'contact':

'I am told the daffodils are lovely in Moscow at this time of year....'

'Two kebabs on the dog' is clearly some sort of coded message. Stand by........
  7. Reminds me of Trigger Happy TV with Dom Jolly..............

"Are you Grey Squirrel? - Do you have the doccuments?" Funny as Fcuk................

8. :lol: Well done Norm! :D

The only bit I'm stuck on is "Wife bit discombob" - anyone care / able to shed some light?
  9. DB,

I have absolutely no idea... and I even gag at the thought of offering any kind of solution to 'discombob'.

Somewhere.......... there is a village missing its idiot me thinks!

10. Eeeeeeeeeeuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuw! 8O That word meant absolutely nothing to me, but now you've said that I'm getting all sorts of thoughts :? none of them too pleasant! :? :?
  11. Ahem

"Just moved hise. Wife bit discombob. Also Foreign Type. Orders two kebabs on the dog - both with Isle of Wight dressing."

We've just moved. The wifes a bit DISCOMBOBULATED. Not from round here. When she ordered two kebabs on the phone she asked for both to be delivered with "Isle of Wight" dressing"

Pip Pip !!
  12. Ahem. If I may translate here, as I talk gibberish fluidly (nearly)

‘’Just moved house, the wife is in a state of emotional confusion. She is not from Great Britain Ordered two kebabs over the telephone’’.

As to what ‘Isle of Wight’ dressing is exactly, is anybodies guess
  13. I think the clue is in the title! :D

Not that I've ever had Thousand Island dressing on a kebab - is it to be recommended?
  14. So is his wife foreign or the kebab??? Where does the Spinger Spaniel fit in?

And why is the post called "Thousand Island" but he got "Isle of Wight" dressing????

This is all a bit too bizarre for me........ (and believe me - I can normally do bizarre quite well). 8O

15. His wife is foreign (a Bok), Springer Spaniel - eh? and I think that the reason for the post was that Mrs. TW was in a state of flux so when she ordered the kebabs she called it Isle of Wight dressing instead of Thousand Island dressing. I have sympathy - it's the sort of thing I'd do... :oops: :lol: