Thoughts on the Royal Regiment of Fusiliers?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll be joining the infantry this year, just waiting for my assessment date to come through (should be this week) and I've been researching all the different regiments and i'm leaning towards the fusiliers.

Does anyone know much about / has been part of this regiment? What other regiments would you recommend which are similar? Just want to get some outside information.

Cheers

offog

LE
You will need a language course unless you are from up north.

Kommando69

Clanker
I spent 2.5 years ( exchange draft) with them through a BATUS and a TELIC..... they were a good bunch of blokes with a high mix of ethnics from the fiji recruiting offices, of which some of them let the Fusiliers down when it came to CDT. Family loyal regiment with a good history behind them, if you're from the north east you'll fit right in.

GobbyCrow

Clanker
Good bunch of blokes with some *******, just like every other Infantry bn. Inf recruiting is generally geographically based so as mentioned above if you're from one of their recruiting areas then you should be alright.

Longshore

Clanker
I'll be joining the infantry this year, just waiting for my assessment date to come through (should be this week) and I've been researching all the different regiments and i'm leaning towards the fusiliers.

Does anyone know much about / has been part of this regiment? What other regiments would you recommend which are similar? Just want to get some outside information.

Cheers
Hiya lad, I'm in the same situation as you funnily enough. Have you already got a training date yet?

Longshore

Clanker
Going to have to transfer over to this thread, mine got deleted after a lot of effort, regardless of me being new here. Ok so I'm in the same situation, Rifles or Fusiliers?

Hey man, i'm absolutely gutted to say I can't join. I applied back in October, I trained so hard and put so much mental preparation into it. I was declined due to back pain from a few years ago, I appealed the situation with new medical records from a Major in the RAMC and just now got the letter that it's a definite no.

That said - I was interested in joining the RRF pretty much from a 'good feeling' at the start, I felt like that would be the best place for me to go on an instinct I suppose. After doing a ton of research it solidified my choice to join them. My 2nd choice was Paras and 3rd Rifles.

It is what you make it. I'm sure whichever regiment you join you'll become very proud and progress up the ranks if you wanted it bad enough. All the best man, good luck on training!

offog

LE
Hey man, i'm absolutely gutted to say I can't join. I applied back in October, I trained so hard and put so much mental preparation into it. I was declined due to back pain from a few years ago, I appealed the situation with new medical records from a Major in the RAMC and just now got the letter that it's a definite no.

That said - I was interested in joining the RRF pretty much from a 'good feeling' at the start, I felt like that would be the best place for me to go on an instinct I suppose. After doing a ton of research it solidified my choice to join them. My 2nd choice was Paras and 3rd Rifles.

It is what you make it. I'm sure whichever regiment you join you'll become very proud and progress up the ranks if you wanted it bad enough. All the best man, good luck on training!
If you still want to join try the TA and then a year or two down line apply for a transfer into the regular Bn.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads