Thoughts on returning war trophies to their previous countries of origin?

That Argentinian ain’t having his helmet back...
I have promised my wife she can have my Argie helmet for a plant hangar when we move...

And the Greeks haven't petulantly threatened to leave UNESCO either. We on the other hand seem to care not a jot for our own heritage, so why anyone should trust us with theirs is beyond me.
I had to look that up and ( sucks teeth )......
...... difficult one.

I found a Guardian article, singing the praises of Corbyn and Heath, while at the same time admitting decades of maladministration and wasting of resources at UNESCO.
And an inference that we don't give a damn about heritage sites in the UK !
And another claim that this clear and obvious political 'shift' in Society means we are all about to become a bunch of Nazis.

I'll need a bit more persuading on this one.

AlienFTM

MIA
Book Reviewer
They are not getting the one's I nicke.....erm...some one allegedly acquired....

...and that includes the working blue flashing light... :p
You had to nick one? Autumn 1981 B Sqn had a sci-fi night in the bar. An enterprising (swidt?) carpenter turned the door to the attic bar into a police box. We asked nicely and were loaned a blue light. Jobbed

You had to nick one? Autumn 1981 B Sqn had a sci-fi night in the bar. An enterprising (swidt?) carpenter turned the door to the attic bar into a police box. We asked nicely and were loaned a blue light. Jobbed
The blue light wasn't RMP but came off one of Them's wagons on an ex... ;-)

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
A couple of centuries ago that amendment was spot-on. They truly were saved from becoming rubble.
Now, in Athens, there is a building purpose designed to display and conserve them.
Greece is patiently, and confidently, waiting for our goodwill.
Send them some plaster copies, they'll never know the difference.

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer

ugly

LE

ugly

LE
I had to look that up and ( sucks teeth )......
...... difficult one.

I found a Guardian article, singing the praises of Corbyn and Heath, while at the same time admitting decades of maladministration and wasting of resources at UNESCO.
And an inference that we don't give a damn about heritage sites in the UK !
And another claim that this clear and obvious political 'shift' in Society means we are all about to become a bunch of Nazis.

I'll need a bit more persuading on this one.
Maybe not Nazis, although not being a member would instantly make it a bit easier to grant licences to frack in the Lake District for instance.

It would also mean that those nice chaps in the newly hatched Cultural Property Protection team at 77 Brigade could probably stand down too.

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
I suppose that Putin would be very glad to get it (along with existing military bases).
What about Guantanamo?
Putin wants everywhere.
Eventually.