Thoughts on returning war trophies to their previous countries of origin?

Crimea has been returned in 2014 to Russia. It was a rare example of return to lawful owner.
I would say give Alaska back to the Russians, but the rétards sold it to the Americans for sfa. I guess it proves when it comes to legitimate land deals, Russians have the intelligence of a monkeys trading piles of shït......

I meant that the Elgin Marbles only exist because they were bought, let to the locals they'd have been so much ground rock, therefore sometimes it's better that the evil imperialists take the nice stuff away from the indigenous monkey-people
Totally agree, the Ottomans didn't really care for anything Greek - except their land.

Novel argument I suppose. Would love to see that being used in todays courts....I only took it officer as it would be much safer with me rather than my moronic cousin who would lose it...
Tell you what - we should give everything back we took in the 18th and 19th centuries - on the proviso of course everything taken from us is returned as well.

And every one else also return any treasures they took to the original owners as well.

And ive no doubt the loudest shouters demanding their property back will be the loudest objectors to returning stuff they nicked

Grownup_Rafbrat

LE
Book Reviewer
Will we have to give back the Sax-Coburg Gothas?
We invited them in due to their Scottish Grandfather James I / VI and I quite like 'em.

So no.

Come 29 March 2019 , an orchestrated program of goodwill flowing from the UK to individual countries on the continent, would be no bad thing.
Every time the doom merchants spin another tale of woe, we should upstage it with an act of compassion, generosity, humour, good neighbourliness.
A good starting point would be returning the Elgin Marbles to where they came from.
We can be proud of looking after them for a couple of hundred years.
At the right moment, return them, bathe in the glory of the ensuing magnanimity, and then go and view them on their home ground with a warm Athenian breeze blowing, bright blue skies and an Ouzo on ice to hand.

Yamas !

Grownup_Rafbrat

LE
Book Reviewer

Grownup_Rafbrat

LE
Book Reviewer
Come 29 March 2019 , an orchestrated program of goodwill flowing from the UK to individual countries on the continent, would be no bad thing.
Every time the doom merchants spin another tale of woe, we should upstage it with an act of compassion, generosity, humour, good neighbourliness.
A good starting point would be returning the Elgin Marbles to where they came from.
We can be proud of looking after them for a couple of hundred years.
At the right moment, return them, bathe in the glory of the ensuing magnanimity, and then go and watch them rot on their home ground with a warm Athenian breeze blowing, bright blue skies and an Ouzo on ice to hand.

Yamas !
one small change, free of chsrge
One

A couple of centuries ago that amendment was spot-on. They truly were saved from becoming rubble.
Now, in Athens, there is a building purpose designed to display and conserve them.
Greece is patiently, and confidently, waiting for our goodwill.
And the Greeks haven't petulantly threatened to leave UNESCO either. We on the other hand seem to care not a jot for our own heritage, so why anyone should trust us with theirs is beyond me.

Does this mean that all the Company/Squadron bars will have to return the RMP Flags and RMP Unit Signs proffed on a pay night? :cool:
They are not getting the one's I nicke.....erm...some one allegedly acquired....

...and that includes the working blue flashing light... :p