Thoughts on returning war trophies to their previous countries of origin?

Was hoping to get a neutral opinion from you cousins across the pond, on this issue. But what are your thoughts on returning war trophies to the countries from which they were taken?

The Bells of Balangiga | WyoHistory.org

U.S. returns 'Bells of Balangiga' to Philippines a century after clash | Reuters

I have personally seen these bells many times and the home crowd here was very opposed to return of these bells. I agree that returning them sets a precedent that this will happen more often in the future. I only think this was done to try to appease our "sometimes" ally the Phillipines and their **** of a President Duterte. Any different perspective from you folks would be appreciated.

https://trib.com/news/state-and-reg...cle_75e5c117-19ee-54c4-87a8-f7e06e30517b.html

If you are returning war trophies, you may as well go the full hog and return all the Items and wealth that western nations have basically stripped from other counties. Minerals such as gold and precious jewels/wood/sugar cane etc. Money made from the slave trade, Entire countries such as common wealth countries etc. Where do you draw the line.

It basically comes down to winners and losers - the losing side basically gets raped and their wealth stolen and that's the way it's been since the beginning of time.

Also talking about slaves, whey do these African's that go on about slavery - never bring Barbary Pirates Up?

Barbary Pirates and English Slaves

First Barbary War - Wikipedia

The Second Barbary War (1815) · Barbary Wars (1801 - 1805, 1815 - 1816) · HST 325 - U.S. Foreign Relations to 1914 (MSU)

Basically African pirates were invading the UK and other European countries and enslaving people to sell in Africa and Asia - yet they got a bit pissed off when the tables were turned??? go figure.

Last edited:

ugly

LE
Was hoping to get a neutral opinion from you cousins across the pond, on this issue. But what are your thoughts on returning war trophies to the countries from which they were taken?

U.S. returns 'Bells of Balangiga' to Philippines a century after clash | Reuters

I have personally seen these bells many times and the home crowd here was very opposed to return of these bells. I agree that returning them sets a precedent that this will happen more often in the future. I only think this was done to try to appease our "sometimes" ally the Phillipines and their **** of a President Duterte. Any different perspective from you folks would be appreciated.

https://trib.com/news/state-and-reg...cle_75e5c117-19ee-54c4-87a8-f7e06e30517b.html
No I think if they want stuff back they can buy it or fight for it!

Are you sure you really want them?
Only the ones with oil, gold, silver, platinum , diamonds and the native muricens can have the rest.

Those resources are in the heartland. You will end up with Dildos and Weed if you absorb the blue states.
Mmmmmm......nice.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Does this mean that all the Company/Squadron bars will have to return the RMP Flags and RMP Unit Signs proffed on a pay night? :cool:

I thought someone was going to tell us that Macron wanted the Eagle back from the Scots DG's. If the British Army handed back all the "war trophies" the Messes of the Cavalry and Infantry would be pretty empty.

Feck 'em, they can fight for them