Thought-reading machine?

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by BambiBasher, Sep 24, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Why do politicians - ours are as bad, it's not just an American thing - imagine that they can solve every problem with an expensive bit of technology? Even assuming this machine could take all these readings in an instant, how would it tell the difference between a terrorist and someone who'd just got his gas bill, or whose missus had left him, or whose piles were giving him gyp?

Spam mindreading machine story
  2. Biped

Biped LE Book Reviewer

Sounds good to me. If it spots 'hostile intent', it raises an alarm. It will be sat idle for 99.9% of the time because septics passing through will only register a 'blank' when their minds are read, or at best 'Burger King'.

Mind you, us Europeans have a lot to worry about . . .
  3. Or indeed any non Business Class or First Class passenger using a busy airport, which of themselves are guaranteed to result in Cattle Class passengers with raised body temperature, pulse, breathing rate and a great deal of hostile intent.
  4. Sounds like a load of balls to me. Lie detectors seem more sophisticated and even they have a high failure rate. Just another 'security measure' to reassure/inconvienience Joe Public.
  5. Quote from Telegragh article

"She added it would be capable of distinguishing between someone with a hostile intent and a plane passenger, for example, who was merely stressed about missing a connection.

Having missed a connection or queued for 40 minutes just to get through security, I doubt it will be able to tell the difference at all at the hostility I tend to feel towards everyone when that happens. :x
  6. It shouldn't be used to catch 'suspected' terrorists. It should be used on the lyng, coniviving politicians! :D

Maybe it'll force them to tell the truth! :wink:

However, if a politician actually told the truth, their head would probably explode! :p