Thought police slapped down.

Well its all lovely here ..

View attachment 449817
On this side of the pond the rainbow crossings failed in one town north of me in particular. A local couple of the same sex put forward to their town council the request that the multi coloured crossings be painted and it was shot down in short order as unnecessary. The liberal lgbqtfdgjh screamers in Toronto decided it was outrageous this backwards town wasn’t giving their crowd the due they deserve and took the council to task. Cue looking like completely ignorant cnuts.,,.
What the Toronto bunch didn’t know as they fired up the outrage bus was they should have done a bit of research before opening their gobs. What they had missed out on was the mayor was openly gay as were 3 of the nine councillors so they weren’t exactly anti-homo. Their view was simply spending tax payers money to single out a group wasn’t a wise move both economically and socially. The Toronto group dropped it in short order and fcuked off looking like the twäts they are.....

Last edited:
The guys were polite and courteous but plainly out of their depth. They had been told to make the call from above (and it would have trickled down from somewhere beyond division). When confronted by someone who was equally reasonable, courteous and not playing the noisy barrack room lawyer, the whole thing was revealed to be nothing more than bluff.
Nothing against both policemen who were clearly stuck repeating the same phrases, its a shame their superiors who wasted scarce resources on hurt feelings were not recorded explaining their decisions

Fishbulb

Old-Salt
Women are not thought police. They would probably like to be, but do not actually possess the required skills... otherwise they would not forever be asking, "What are you thinking?"
Oh they know exactly what you're thinking! They're just attempting to get you to perjure yourself so they've got even more ammunition.

Confess promptly and sincerely at the earliest opportunity. Trust me on this!

Last edited:
In fairness to the police, its MPs who pass virtue-signalling and other laws which the police then try to enforce.
Humberside police, the force in whose area this case arose, was found in 2018 to need to improve performance in preventing crime and keeping people safe. The allocation of resources to this case therefore seems wrong. It is however MPs who keep passing laws which require police to act.

It is however MPs who keep passing laws which require police to act.
I doubt if that is the case with regard to the 'non-crime hate incidents' in question.

Hate crime offences are dealt with by specific legislation (enacted by parliament).

'Non-crime hate incidents' appear to be an additional layer incepted by the Home Office as a departmental numbers/recording initiative.

I doubt if that is the case with regard to the 'non-crime hate incidents' in question.

Hate crime offences are dealt with by specific legislation (enacted by parliament).

'Non-crime hate incidents' appear to be an additional layer incepted by the Home Office as a departmental numbers/recording initiative.
Fair point. It (attention to such matters) is policy - lead by the Home Office, College of policing, etc. There is political oversight.
I'm quite critical of some police behaviours but in fairness, there are more and more offence types, or things the public expects to be investigated. Even if well-resourced, the police would struggle to do everything.
This court ruling is good news from the rarely seen domain of 'common sense'.

exiledblue

War Hero
On this side of the pond the rainbow crossings failed in one town north of me in particular. A local couple of the same sex put forward to their town council the request that the multi coloured crossings be painted and it was shot down in short order as unnecessary. The liberal lgbqtfdgjh screamers in Toronto decided it was outrageous this backwards town wasn’t giving their crowd the due they deserve and took the council to task. Cue looking like completely ignorant cnuts.,,.
What the Toronto bunch didn’t know as they fired up the outrage bus was they should have done a bit of research before opening their gobs. What they had missed out on was the mayor was openly gay as were 3 of the nine councillors so they weren’t exactly anti-homo. Their view was simply spending tax payers money to single out a group wasn’t a wise move both economically and socially. The Toronto group dropped it in short order and fcuked off looking like the twäts they are.....

Im not sure of the legality in your neck of the woods but the multi coloured zebra doesn't meet the legal standards either here OZ or in UK. black and white make a zebra. Run over someone on a multi coloured zebra, is it a zebra, do i need to give way as a car driver?

I have no problems with making them multi coloured but im sure a lawyer could have fun with that if the need arised.

Awol

LE

Don't police officers have a certain amount of discretion, all the way from Chief Constable all the way down to Constable?

In other words, there are multiple opportunities for idiotic 'hate crime' complaints to be kicked into the long grass, and the fact they aren't indicates a preference by those officers to be politically correct rather than exercise common sense.

exiledblue

War Hero
Hah, the pernicious foreign crime of 'jaywalking'.

Happily, an Englishman may still exercise his jealously guarded and ancient right to be knocked down wherever he so pleases.
I know but **** me lets show how great we are for multi what ever with a photo of a zebra with peds not using it but crossing the road somewhere else, not good comms.

Im in Australia, but from the UK and our "road safety" comms guy put out a document for review on pedestrian safety measures one of which included a picture of a light controlled pedestrian crossing. I had to poimt out that they had used a google image of a British crossing which are different to Australian crossings (mainly in the push button arrangements etc)

Latest Threads