Thought police slapped down.

Fair play to the "accused" for
(a) getting it all on camera
(b) keeping his cool and giving the two uniforms more than enough rope to show just far the Police has become a service and not a force.
The guys were polite and courteous but plainly out of their depth. They had been told to make the call from above (and it would have trickled down from somewhere beyond division). When confronted by someone who was equally reasonable, courteous and not playing the noisy barrack room lawyer, the whole thing was revealed to be nothing more than bluff.

How long before there is an " unconscious hate crime " that you didn't even know you were committing but an oppressed minority feels that you were ?

Yes, they always have. But it is for the eyes of police only. It is not something that will ever be declared, for example, to a prospective employer.
True, Im not certain but, I don’t think hate incidents etc, unless proved in court, are for the eyes of anyone but police. Happy to be corrected.

How long before there is an " unconscious hate crime " that you didn't even know you were committing but an oppressed minority feels that you were ?
Are we not already at that point?

The congenital idiot who harassed Mr Miller said:

According to court papers, the constable explained to him: 'Sometimes, a woman's brain grows a man's body in the womb and that is what transgender is.'

Where on earth do they unearth these half-wits?
The correct response would be "No, sometimes a foetus fails do grow it's brain correctly".

Given that all foetuses are female at conception, and only become male later.

Any sensible person knows what constitutes (or should constitute) a hate crime. It is defined and covered by law.
A law which should be repealed ASP.
That is pretty shocking.
It is immensely shocking. The Police College also made a particularly disgusting comment in the Miller case: "...any interference with Mr Miller’s right to freedom of expression was trivial and justifiable."
That sentence is symptomatic of pure totalitarianism.

I thought this thread was about someone slapping my missus.
Disappointed or what?

Disappointed or what?
Women are not thought police. They would probably like to be, but do not actually possess the required skills... otherwise they would not forever be asking, "What are you thinking?"

Disappointed or what?
If you want a job done right, do it yourself!

Let us know how you get on.
Piccies from your hospital bed will be fine.

OK, do I run somebody over on that crossing.

Sorry Hossifer, but he was in the middle of the road and that ain't a black and white Zebra crossing is it.
I'm no expert on the highway code but I'm pretty sure you can't run people over just because " they are in the middle of the road".

You risk a fine or something.

Women are not thought police. They would probably like to be, but do not actually possess the required skills... otherwise they would not forever be asking, "What are you thinking?"
She never asks me that. She's always telling me what not to say or do though.

She's convinced I'm going deaf for reasons I just can't fathom...

Latest Threads