Thought police slapped down.

There was a guy some time ago who was battling the local council because the rather decrepit & shoddily painted lines did not match the relevant regulation and the parking tickets he accrued were invalid.
He was an ex-copper & argued as they didn't meet the requirements in the regulations he could not be prosecuted for parking there.
I wonder if the same "legalese logic" could be applied here if someone had an accident on such a crossing?
.....that old fella was renowned by many local authority highways teams (I'm in one of them) as his favourite hobby seemed to revolve around travelling across the country to find single and double yellow lines that had been marked on the road and didn't have a little terminal bar at the end. He'd park his car on them and wait to be issued a parking ticket. Collected hundreds of the bloody things over the years and would contest every one with the Traffic Penalty Tribunal as the road marking was technically non-compliant because of a missing bit of yellow paint measuring about 300mm. He became such a pain that when the Traffic Signs Regulations were revised in April 2016 there is now no longer a need for that terminal bar to there.

Sadly for the old fella he wasn't aware of this and there were a pile of parking tickets issued to him after the new regs came out that he found to his cost were issued quite correctly. Daft twat...

As for the rainbow pedestrian crossing, Lambeth Council haven't applied to DfT for a Traffic Authorisation for this and so it is an illegal sign (signs include road marking for the purposes of legislation). If there was a serious injury incident or fatal here, with one or both parties being assisted by the No Win/No Fee compo vultures I'd be interested to see how Lambeth's Highways team deal with it and who'd end up carrying the can. It's an example of a weak Highways Manager not being able stop local politicians from forcing through one of their 'good ideas'.

.....that old fella was renowned by many local authority highways teams (I'm in one of them) as his favourite hobby seemed to revolve around travelling across the country to find single and double yellow lines that had been marked on the road and didn't have a little terminal bar at the end. He'd park his car on them and wait to be issued a parking ticket. Collected hundreds of the bloody things over the years and would contest every one with the Traffic Penalty Tribunal as the road marking was technically non-compliant because of a missing bit of yellow paint measuring about 300mm. He became such a pain that when the Traffic Signs Regulations were revised in April 2016 there is now no longer a need for that terminal bar to there.

Sadly for the old fella he wasn't aware of this and there were a pile of parking tickets issued to him after the new regs came out that he found to his cost were issued quite correctly. Daft twat...

As for the rainbow pedestrian crossing, Lambeth Council haven't applied to DfT for a Traffic Authorisation for this and so it is an illegal sign (signs include road marking for the purposes of legislation). If there was a serious injury incident or fatal here, with one or both parties being assisted by the No Win/No Fee compo vultures I'd be interested to see how Lambeth's Highways team deal with it and who'd end up carrying the can. It's an example of a weak Highways Manager not being able stop local politicians from forcing through one of their 'good ideas'.
Isn't it one of the London boroughs that instead of a red and green man at some signalised pedestrian crossings has some sort of ghey symbol? Although nothing would surprise me in London, soft southern jessies that they are.

Glad he finally got his comeuppance, he came across as a weapons grade prick.
The sort that thinks he's cleverer than everyone else but is unaware his smug demeanour gets on everyone's last nerve.

If you feel it’s racist, then you can complain. Whether you feel Harassed, Alarmed or Distressed by that phrase is up to you.

Plenty of white people refer to other white people as Gammon, so probably not motivated by race.
You could probaly report BBs posts as a hate incident if you so wished. Best just put him on ignore though.

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
Isn't it one of the London boroughs that instead of a red and green man at some signalised pedestrian crossings has some sort of ghey symbol? Although nothing would surprise me in London, soft southern jessies that they are.
That's the traffic lights surrounding Trafalgar Sq.

Even worse, he's going to get cliff Richard... For eternity.

Yeah think about that while we are listening to the Macc lads, Motorhead and so on.
Plus we'll have all the gay interior designers, we will therefore be sitting in fabulous places, listening to the best music
Stuck with Cliff??? For eternity??? Have a heart man, surely no-one deserves that, not even Cliff although how he could escape that fate is a tricky one.

Hmmm. Go on
Well, Jesus and the Apostles tell us humanity doesn't need to follow their laws to be saved. Instead, Jesus showed us what's behind all those laws, and we understand the observance of such laws were merely an expression of faith that saves us.

Fishbulb

Old-Salt
Well, Jesus and the Apostles tell us humanity doesn't need to follow their laws to be saved. Instead, Jesus showed us what's behind all those laws, and we understand the observance of such laws were merely an expression of faith that saves us.
But isn't an expression of faith a good thing?

Latest Threads