Thought police slapped down.

Wasted effort, none of 'em were getting preggers.
I hadn't thought of that.

The story is a warning of the fate of a society that's mired in its own decadence, narcissism and immorality. A society can only survive as long as it promotes reason, virtue and morals, because those are what differentiates civilisation from barbarism.

Cold_Collation

LE
Book Reviewer
The problem with all this started as a resut of the McPherson report 20 years ago as a result of the Lawrence enquiry.

Mchpherson recommended that even if an incident wasn't a crime, if the informant thought it was motivated by race it should be recorded by police. The Home Office directed that police do this.

The Met police decided that it would be recorded on its crime reporting system called Cris. This is so that they can be collated easily. The same is done with Non Crime Domestic Incidents. These do not get included in the national crime statistics. Only recordable offences are included in those.

If there is a named person whom is the subect of the incident, he/she is recorded in the report as an informant. Because they are recorded on a computer in accordance with the Data Protection Act, police are duty bound to speak to the suspect (who is not a suspect) and inform them of the allegation (that is not an allegation)

Now in the days where the most valued aspect of a police constable was common sense this was how it was done.

Knock on subjects door. Tell him politely that you are not investigating a crime and he doesn't have to speak to you if he doesn't want to and he can tell you to bog off if he wants to but You are required by law to inform him of the allegation (that is not an allegation). Imitate that it is a waste of both your time and you would much rather be catching burglars, rapists, and letching at the fanny on Kilburn High Road.

Now he could tell you he is not speaking with you and you can bog off. This is no problem. I just record this on the crime report (which is not a crime).

However generaly you have got him on side and he says "This seems like a pile of pants officer and I can see you would much rather be catching burglars, rapists, and letching at the fanny on Kilburn Road. Can I write out a cheque for the police widdows and orphans fund.

Job done, everyone happy. Write up the crime report (which is not a crime) and close it.

The problem is this needs common sense and peaple skills which have all but disappeared in the modern plod due to the fact that they have been recruited after jumping through PC hoops and this daft idea of a policing degree.

In the days when peaple like Provost, Gout man and I joined in the eighties most PCs were recruited from ex servicemen and skilled trades men like electicians,and boilermen common sense was ingrained. Any old policeman from 1829 onwards would tell you that the most important qualities of a policeman was common sense and the ability to speak to peaple.

Eat your heart out George Dixon. Sadly a lot of todays plod although very intelligent and well educated, don,t seem to posses these characteristics.
Current coppers are also required to be by-the-book automatons in a way that didn’t used to be. Procedure trumps people skills even where they exist. Not least because some solicitors have cottoned on to picking apart procedures to get their clients off charges. Viz expensive lawyers and drink-driving footballers.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
With my woman "the tree jumped out and hit the car" - I kid you not. On another occasion when she went straight into the back of a bright red car she said "who put rhat there?"
A definite candidate for a visit to SpecSavers!

ugly

LE
Spelling was never part of the police entrance exam?

The worst things that happened in control rooms is when they stated putting civies in there. When it was police officers they would bat off a lot of the crap on the phone and no CAD would be created as they would not want to send their collegues to crap calls. With civies (police staff) It would be call in, CAD out, no matter what pants it was.
As one of those civvies, albeit many years ago, unless things have really changed we used to deal with hundreds of calls that were dealt with as advice given. But the bobbies never knew because the crap was strangled at birth.

Women are not thought police. They would probably like to be, but do not actually possess the required skills... otherwise they would not forever be asking, "What are you thinking?"
Remember, whenever they say that...

I'm no expert on the highway code but I'm pretty sure you can't run people over just because " they are in the middle of the road".

You risk a dent in the bonnet or something.

Sadly it’s invariably the cop at the door who gets the abuse.
Ha! If they're anti-Boris they bloody well deserve it.

God save the King (of the World)

Happened round our way recently. The driver was found not to be at fault and (once he'd recovered from his serious injuries) the pedestrian was told 'WTF did you expect, crossing a busy road, on a bend, at night, in the pishing rain, wearing dark clothing, without looking'. Even funnier was the woman who drove past the cones and traffic car with its blues on blocking the road and nearly ran one of the Rats (traffic officers) over. How we laughed as he asked 'Excuse me madam, but what are you doing?' (or words to that effect) I don't know what her reply was but his next phrase was [sniff, sniff] 'Have you been drinking?' She certainly had and I ended up taking her to custody whence she blew way over the limit and has been banned.
This is down to people having got used to not taking personal responsibility for themselves and just blame others.

Example - warning on a take away cup of coffee 'contents may be hot', warning on a bag of nuts 'may contain nuts'. (Okay, I may have made the second one up but just to emphasise a point.)

This is down to people having got used to not taking personal responsibility for themselves and just blame others.

Example - warning on a take away cup of coffee 'contents may be hot', warning on a bag of nuts 'may contain nuts'. (Okay, I may have made the second one up but just to emphasise a point.)
Just reminded me of an example of not just passing on crap to the street bobbies, when I worked in GMP, control.
Woman. I've just had a traffic accident, what are my rights?
Me. You don't have any. You have responsibilities. Explain her responsibilities,
W. Much whining and chunter ing.
M. I've explained your responsibilities. You are expected to fulfil them good bye.

Obviously no injury minor damage accident.

Chalkster69

Old-Salt
and if you don't like it the fed can have the whole division working strictly and slavishly to rule within 24 hours....
You'r joking aren't you??

The Fed are 100% behind all this bollocks in "solidarity with their LGBTQGJHFFJKYTFBNMKHGRESXCGGNFGDWSRGHVVHHMNBGESRYHMKLJGDVH members"

As one of those civvies, albeit many years ago, unless things have really changed we used to deal with hundreds of calls that were dealt with as advice given. But the bobbies never knew because the crap was strangled at birth.
Nowadays people are aware of what to say to elicit a police response.
”my neighbours playing his music too loud”

”Not a police matter, contact the council”

”I think I can smell drugs being smoked too and I think I saw a taxi with some girls arrive earlier...they can’t have been older than 14...”

Theres also what appears to be a bit of a #me too thing going on.

”I saw on Facebook someone got followed by a bloke last week...well The same bloke followed me as well. He followed me until I started running, he started jogging but I dived into a shop”.

”which shop?”

”er can’t remember”

”why didn’t you report it at the time?”

”didn’t think much of it at time but after seeing on facebook...”

Last edited:

Sadly these days increasingly, understanding what 'personal responsibility' means, is lost on large sections of society.

That many societal institution are staffed up and down the chain of command by incompetents particularly of the 'promote and post' variety who would not have been able to acheive the grade of even average 'Ammo Donkeys'.

Cold_Collation

LE
Book Reviewer
Sadly these days increasingly, understanding what 'personal responsibility' means, is lost on large sections of society.

That many societal institution are staffed up and down the chain of command by incompetents particularly of the 'promote and post' variety who would not have been able to acheive the grade of even average 'Ammo Donkeys'.
I was sat in a pub having a quiet couple after the end of the working week yesterday.

On a table nearby, talking loud enough for everyone to hear, were two female teachers.

What struck me was the bubble in which they exist; the group-think and the obsession with certain trivial issues was manifest. The extension of that being that it was very clear that conformity is the only route to progression.

It's not a healthy way to be on but it's increasingly common, I think.

all foetuses initially develop as female
No they don't.

A developing baby is called an embryo from the moment conception takes place until the eighth week of pregnancy.

During the first month of pregnancy the heart and lungs begin to develop, and the arms, legs, brain, spinal cord and nerves begin to form, according to the American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists (ACOG).

The embryo will be about the size of a pea around one month into a pregnancy, Burch said. Around the second month of pregnancy, the embryo has grown to the size of a kidney bean, he explained. In addition, the ankles, wrists, fingers and eyelids form, bones appear, and the genitals and inner ear begin to develop.

“Managing people’s expectations” plays a huge role. Sadly, many people’s expectations are grossly inflated.

”I’ve been called a slag on Facebook, I’ve got mental elf...it’s me anxiety...”

”What?! Yer not gonna come out now an arrest ‘her?!” Then kicks off

Latest Threads