Thought police slapped down.

Karamoja

Old-Salt
Evan Davis sounded if he was apoplectic about this decision when he interviewed the chap on today's PM program. I thought Harry Miller defended his position admirably.

Cold_Collation

LE
Book Reviewer
They could always get on with fighting real crime.

Usually the first to support the police, but in this case fùck 'em.

And someone needs to slap the complainant, too.

Yeah, like I'll retreat back to my closet then. **** off.

The judge ruled that the guidelines used were lawful, just wrongly applied, so bad news for the internet heroes who think it's open season for Trans hunting.

We do seem to have a problem with certain police officers and departments believing they can make law, not only in this case but in others, firearms legislation being a case in point.

Social media: "That person is a tranny"
Answer: "who cares mind your own fvcking business"

Social media: "That person doesn't like me because I'm a tranny"
Answer: "who cares mind you own fvcking business"

Schools: "Were going to be teaching your primary school child about being a tranny"
Answer: "My kids undeveloped sexuality is their business, so go and mind your fvcking own"

The world would be a better place if people just got back to showing the respect they expect from others by minding their own fvcking business.

Trouble is, too many people these days think they have a right to interfere in the business of others because from their own narcissistic bubble they think they are above all. And to have the law project this is insidiously sanctimonious.

Cold_Collation

LE
Book Reviewer
Ok, I'll be honest here.

My issue with such as the, um, individual in #209 is that I'm supposed to celebrate their out-ed-ness. The conceit is that I'm supposed to be unquestioningly happy about it. I'm not allowed to question - to do so is to be guilty of some -ism or hate crime.

That is thought policing. That is dictatorship. I'm not to question someone else's sexuality - or their attitude to me or mine.

Mine isn't threatened but if I'm not comfortable with someone else's I'm somehow lacking. 'Uncomfortable' in the sense that I don't need it constantly rammed into my face.

The conceit is that, "Hey, I'm different but normal."

Crack on, then. Shut up.

Ok, I'll be honest here.

My issue with such as the, um, individual in #209 is that I'm supposed to celebrate their out-ed-ness. The conceit is that I'm supposed to be unquestioningly happy about it. I'm not allowed to question - to do so is to be guilty of some -ism or hate crime.

That is thought policing. That is dictatorship. I'm not to question someone else's sexuality - or their attitude to me or mine.

Mine isn't threatened but if I'm not comfortable with someone else's I'm somehow lacking. 'Uncomfortable' in the sense that I don't need it constantly rammed into my face.

The conceit is that, "Hey, I'm different but normal."

Crack on, then. Shut up.
" I don't need it constantly rammed into my face. "

Chalkster69

Old-Salt

My issue is that I'm forced, by default, to facilitate someone's delusion.

Humans cannot change sex - end of, simple, fact.

I don't have to share these people's beliefs - I just have to not discriminate, abuse or harass them because they hold them.

No one has reported me to the police for not believing the God Botherers, why should they report me for not believing the hairy arsed bloke (complete with cock & balls) who says he's a Woman??

Latest Threads