Thought for the day.

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by AIR FILTER, Mar 11, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Just as a matter of interest, can anyone think of any British MP who has or has had a son on active duty in Afghanistan?

I am really struggling to think of just one example, strange that considering that they condone and fully support the wars they send us into!

2. No, but I can think of a Queen who had a Grandson there.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Would that info be kept low key so as to avoid hostage taking?

4. 123

123 LE

You're angling towards a militarily-ruled state, of sorts. Aren't you?

And quite right too.

5. M.P's only my friend .... Royals are exempt. :)

6. Last Updated: Friday, 21 March, 2003, 21:08 GMT

MP voices fears over soldier son

Ronnie Campbell has opposed Tony Blair's line on Iraq

A Labour MP opposed to the war in Iraq has spoken about his fears for his son who is serving with the Royal Marines in the Gulf.
    Blyth Valley MP Ronnie Campbell said news of the eight servicemen who died after a helicopter crash in northern Kuwait on Friday had been "horrifying".

7. 123

123 LE

wasnt tony blair a para?

8. Are you insane? an MP with a son or daughter in the Armed Forces, and in harms way, perish the thought old chap, next you.ll be asking if there are any MPs with any active military service in recent years. Good job the Royals always manage to fill a gap or two, eh what!.

9. Isn't Abbot's son a Lcpl in Al Shebab?

10. I can't help but bite....

**** off was he a para! He was a waster, a failed musician and band manager. The only thing he's good at is lying through his teeth whilst grinning at us.

11. Is there anybody out their who really truly beleaves that Prince Andrew, used his helicopter to attract Exocet missiles in the Falklands shin-dig.
    Or is it more likely that the Navy had him tied up in a brothel in some Navy port of call?

• Like Like x 1
  12. I've just been done, haven't I?

13. What you're really saying that is there is a Government-wide conspiracy to stop any serving son of an MP deploying to Afghan. You really are a fuckwit, aren't you?

14. I met a few Baronets and Right Honourables wearing uniform, or not, in Norn Iron and they were always out there with their guys. I had a mate who was a private then L/Cpl in an Inf Regt whose dad was a Knight of the Realm and a Deputy Under Secretary of State ............ did'nt stop mate from volunteering for sharp end stuff.

Bear Grylls dad was an MP and Teddy did his Artist Rifle stuff, mind his dad had passed away by then but the lad still volunteered and broke his back parachuting.

15. Cancel my last, can't be arrsed.