Thought Crime has finally arrived, helllooo Mr Orwell!

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by Biped, May 21, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Biped

Biped LE Book Reviewer

A new law has just been passed that allows anyone to phone up about anyone else that they think is CAPABLE of violence, whether or not they have committed an offence. It actually states that gummint, or civil service bods do the reporting, but someone has to tell THEM first!!

This information is then put on a gummint database that is shared between Social Services, Local Councils/Authorities, Hospitals and Doctors.

You can now dob in all your neighbours, friends, relatives and enemies (or combo's of any of the above) as 'potentially' violent people who have such a capacity. There will be no crime needed, there will be no magistrate, no judge and no lawyers or jury to confirm your guilt, only your phone call and that person is tarred for life.

The next thing to arrive is the gummint powers to arrest anyone who has it within themselves to be violent (as dobbed in by their wives, kids, neighbours etc.,, or who may have a penchat to resist the state, or professes a dislike of the Glorious Leader, or questions our politics.

Think I'm lying? First look at this Beeb Clicky, and then prepare for my arrival to fire-bomb your sorry arrse!!

2. Hey great stuff, whats the phone number I have loads of chavs living near me that could dowith being on the register.

3. "Excuse me, PC Bloggs. I believe that a Mr Tony Blair, of 10 Downing Street, London is capable of being very violent and I know he thinks constantly about using force to make himself look good. Now go and arrest the son of a bitch..."

4. good idea......just think we could phone the police day before the next general election....and have all labour voters locked up for 24 hours plus!!!!!!

5. Well thats the Armed Forces in their entirety fcuked then.

6. KEYBOARD!!!! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

7. This is stupid. Everyone has capabilities of being violent – the entire population will be on there. I can understand why they are trying to make this list, but can’t see it working.

What is the number? :)

8. Just like the last ten years of government then.

9. Biped

Biped LE Book Reviewer

I have to admit that, given the right set of circumstances, I am capable of the most violent and excessive types of behaviour.

Such circumstances would include seeing TB or GB on telly, in the papers, in Iraq or Afghan, when parliament votes itself out of its own laws, when the next subversive tax hits the headlines, when I get a begging immigrant holding a baby that's all drugged up in front of my car windscreen, when the local druggies hang around outside my house, when nobody gets arrested for proper crimes, but do for not paying their council tax etc etc etc.

I'm obviously a serious risk to public safety. Should I dob myself in?

10. Surely this couldn't happen, as politicians have now voted themselves to be exempt from the Freedom of Information Act :evil:

11. BiscuitsAB

BiscuitsAB LE Moderator

It's been said before, and I'll say it again "last one out, turn off the lights"

12. Biped

Biped LE Book Reviewer

Actually it could. We just wouldn't hear about it. Just the same as if one of our glorious representatives was a raving paedo I suspect.

13. Oh crap. My lass is a social worker so I'm going to have to be very careful about what I say from now on.

"Norman Stanley Fletcher, you have been found guilty of having unpure thoughts, and thinking nasty things about the people who stole your car. You shall be sentenced to 5 years in prison and you must pay the thiefs compensasion for causing their mental anguish."

14. So essentially they have to study and assess all violent crime to find the prevailing factors, then get everyone to assess everyone else to see who is the 'risk'.

My missus is a GP she has already said that she is already obilged to inform the authorities in certain scenarios. What if someone commited a crime having been passed, would the GP be liable?

This is unworkable from the basic idea through to implementation. Should be law by Christmas then.

15. tin foil hat on.....

Oh crap!
    many many many in here are doomed

quote from beeb........
    Possible warning signs could include heavy drinking, mental health problems or a violent family background...... blah...... blah....... blah......
    Civil liberties campaigners are concerned that people could be put under police surveillance despite having committed no crime.

So when you do the tick sheet before they give you your general annesetic and you declare your booze intake... they then stitch you for being a potential loon?????

Generaly speaking of cause...... as I for one am tea total! :wink:

tin foil hat off