Those incredibly annoying TOM TOM adverts

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by floppyjocky, May 18, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Surely it can't just be me, if it is then I shall seek help.

This has probably been done somewhere along the line but I just have to say this.

The new TOM TOM adverts with some bint saying "Doug Doug, where is the swimming pool, blah blah", and the other idiot saying "Scott Scott, which way to the brothel blah blah" REALLY does my swede in!

It now has me leaping across the room to hit the mute/off/turn over button, if I accidently pick up the wrong remote I throw it at the telly. If I ever meet the advertising executive responsible for them I swear I'd chin him/her/it.

OK, 10 deep breaths, I'm calm.

Is it just me ? Am I just a grumpy old cnut?

2. It's not just you. Most adverts piss me off, but it's the ones where the sound doesn't even match up properly that really grind my goat. Even adverts that cause you to give a small smile (at the moment I can't think of any, but I'm sure they exist), quickly become boring. How many people feel like this about adverts? Because a lot of people must really like them and be heavily influenced or they wouldn't waste all that effort in making them.

Once again words from the wise man himself, Bill Hicks, can be brought up here, 'If anyone here is in advertising or marketing, could you do me a favour, and kill yourself?'

3. My version would go along the lines of:

"Doug! Doug! Learn to read a map and follow simple directions you useles T*t!"

Job done.

4. You may think its annoying as f uck, but the guys done his job because you are talking about it....

I am impervious to all forms of advertising, and it is more likely to make me NOT buy something than it is to buy it...

vote with your finger and kill the b@stard.

5. Funnily enough Death I was reading Bill Hicks "Love all the people" last night and that quote jumped out at me!

To slightly balance my post. The woolwich advert with the couple who have been in Jamaica for 15 years raises a smile.

6. Completely agree on all counts. I am actually considering buying a SATNAV, but it will NOT be TOM bloody TOM. I'm making a stand against unfunny advertising. Saatchi and Saatchi need to employ a few squaddies methinks.

7. Wifes new car is coming mit Tom Tom, apparently she needs help to find the local tesco's