Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Those In Peril Upon The Sea

FORMER_FYRDMAN

LE
Book Reviewer
I imagine that if, by that point, it hadn't sunk, it was unlikely too.

Says a lot about the effectiveness of watertight integrity in Warships.

Even so, that's a lot of damage for a vessel that wasn't expecting it - I presume from the fact that the front bit's still afloat that you can close a vessel down that fast? It's very impressive.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor

NSP

LE
Even so, that's a lot of damage for a vessel that wasn't expecting it - I presume from the fact that the front bit's still afloat that you can close a vessel down that fast? It's very impressive.
Probably keep the w/t's closed down unless people are passing through them.

We do - especially in the machinery spaces, what with them being quite large relative the rest of the "basement" areas.

merchantman

War Hero
Update, the skipper of the container ship my have a spot of bother!!

London, Oct 28 -- Following received from the managers of fully cellular containership Maersk Launceston: J.T. Essberger, managers of the vessel, report that, fully cellular containership Maersk Launceston is currently alongside its lay-by berth in the port of Pireaus, Greece, following yesterday’s collision with the naval vessel Kallisto. The containership has been requested to remain in the area for the time being. Last night, additional interviews have been conducted with the crew members by local authorities who have officially charged the master of the containership in relation to the incident. A representative of the company has been attending the vessel in order to provide support to the master and crew members. The exact details of the incident which took place early on Tuesday, Oct 27, are still unclear. Greek authorities are continuing their investigations to which John T. Essberger will offer its full cooperation. Managers, again, would like to express their concern over the injuries of the crew of Kallisto, wishing them a speedy recovery. A first assessment of the containership has not shown damages to it. Class will be attending the vessel this morning, to inspect the its seaworthiness. Fully cellular containership Maersk Launceston has a crew of 22 on board and was on its way from Piraeus to the Turkish port of Canakkale.

Update, the skipper of the container ship my have a spot of bother!!

…..Last night, additional interviews have been conducted with the crew members by local authorities who have officially charged the master of the containership in relation to the incident.....

Greek court, Greek waters, Greek warship - any bets on the verdict?

Or a Turkish kebab of the Captain

Latest Threads