Those free thorntons eggs. . . .

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by Trick, Mar 26, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Some of us used the link on this thread to get free eggs of thorntons.

But who else got this email from them this morning?

This means I have to go and claim my freebie in person, how undignified :x

Was this their plan all along I wonder?

Edit for mong spell

2. me too, i got the same email, but cant be arsed going. i will just eat one of the kids egg's instead, they were free to to them!!

3. Everyone can send their vouchers to me. I'm not proud. :D

4. Bovvy, just print lots of them off.

5. Yeah, received that myself this morning.I reckon it's a complete scam.

Best way to stuff those bastards at Thorntons is for everyone to claim their free eggs. So for all of you who couldn't be ARRSEd then, if you go here, you can get a valid voucher for your free egg. Feel free to circulate:

click THIS LINK to download thornton.jpg

(edited: graphic removed, too large, use above link instead)

6. ahhhhh but look at the T & C.

"Equivalent discount towards another thorntons product". So they run out of freebies, and the cheap stuff, they'll still be safe.

7. If someone can PM me one, or post it on the thread, I will. I didn't click the original offer because I didn't consider one chocolate egg was worth a lifetime of junk mail.

Second thoughts ....... forget it. I don't want to be inundated with PM's either.

Edited to add: My typing is so slow that the voucher appeared on thread before I posted. :oops:

8. Look above, I have given a link for you to download it from

9. Thank you pyrogenica. Though I notice it's one per household and the voucher expires on Tuesday 1st April. So if I'm not going to a town before then, one egg might not warrant the cost of diesel. But thank you, again, anyway.

10. Thanks pyrogenica. I will try to get an egg tomorrow.

11. Bring your kiddies (or someones kiddies) and get them ot start crying if they refuse the free eggs. or pretend they're from different housholds and you're doing a favour?

12. Hope you enjoy them, hopefully they won't have run out. Just remember that you don't want spam mail, so best to use a neighbour's address!

13. A plan for cerunnos perhaps? Or too easy for his standards?

14. General Melchett

General Melchett LE Moderator

Just printed a load of vouchers. Great for putting in birthday cards as a cheap pressie. :twisted: