Those employing Illegal Immigrants Face Prison

I would also like to see prison for those politicians whose incompetence and irresponsibility has allowed this situation to develop.

Don't just blame the bosses for their exploitation, blame new labour for their equal culpability.

have they said how many new prisons they will be opening then?

Good ! Double Good !

However, with Mr. Falconer asking for SHORTER prison sentences and our Magistrates' Benches stacked with 'liberal' limp-wristed agonisers, added to the growler Scottish yob about to be shoed into power, can anyone see this happening.?

This country is cream-crackered, it is cattle-trucked - thanks to the totally objectionable sh!t TBliar.

Thats right, put illegal immigrants into the prison system, while the likes of us all end up clothing them, feeding them, paying them and housing them again!

Who knows, whilst in prison they could do a degree and claim they,ve been in the country for years at HM pleasure, got educated and are now at a call centre near you

I seem to remember a couple of illegals being caught working at the Home Office last year. I take it ministers have exempted themselves from this new law - purely in the interests of democracy of course.

Ancient_Mariner said:
I seem to remember a couple of illegals being caught working at the Home Office last year. I take it ministers have exempted themselves from this new law - purely in the interests of democracy of course.
Were they employed directly by the Home Office or by a cleaning agency?

Can you tell me what systems are in place for an employer to establish whether applicant X is, or is not, an illegal immigrant? You know, one where the employer can seek OFFICIAL third party confirmation that the paperwork being presented is genuine and that applicant X is really applicant X and not a ringer?

If this is not in place, or the current system is unworkable, how can an employer be held completely responsible?

whitecity said:
Can you tell me what systems are in place for an employer to establish whether applicant X is, or is not, an illegal immigrant? You know, one where the employer can seek OFFICIAL third party confirmation that the paperwork being presented is genuine and that applicant X is really applicant X and not a ringer?

If this is not in place, or the current system is unworkable, how can an employer be held completely responsible?
Illegals working 'legally' i.e. with false identity, documents, etc. is a pretty small problem apparently. Most illegals are hired by employers who are well aware of their status and exploit it to keep wages and associated costs low. Bigger employers, especially in hospitality, catering, agriculture, etc. avoid trouble by sub-contracting to gangmasters and dodgy 'employment agencies'. If the DWP turn up, they just plead ignorance (although that particular loophole has been closed now, I think). The building trade in particular runs on casual, cash-in-hand labour with vast numbers of illegals.

I should say I have little personal experience of this, although my Capitalist Robber Baron relative in East Anglia seems suspiciously well informed on how to avoid being had over for employing illegals!

Three quarters of those who employ illegals know the law appertaining to illegal employment,so why don't the government come down very hard on them or is it a case of some of those employers are ex MP's.

Neuroleptic said:
Illegals working 'legally' i.e. with false identity, documents, etc. is a pretty small problem apparently. Most illegals are hired by employers who are well aware of their status and exploit it to keep wages and associated costs low. Bigger employers, especially in hospitality, catering, agriculture, etc. avoid trouble by sub-contracting to gangmasters and dodgy 'employment agencies'. If the DWP turn up, they just plead ignorance (although that particular loophole has been closed now, I think). The building trade in particular runs on casual, cash-in-hand labour with vast numbers of illegals.
True. But the law has always been there to prosecute such people, it's just been modified. If this is such a big problem, why didn't HMG use existing law to deal with it? Answer, the Home Office was in such an abysmal state, they have very little chance of being able to determine is, and who is not, illegal. What's changed?

I'm afraid, it's more Labour spin to give the impression that they're doing something - when nothing is likely to change in reality because they have failed to deal with the problem itself. Read the BBC report carefully, and it all looks like a toothless wonder. Sadly it's another case of Sven peddling New Labour dross.

However, with tin foil hat firmly attached, one paragraph from the report did give me concern:
The Home Office said that in order to avoid racial discrimination, employers should treat prospective workers the same and ask them all to produce evidence of their right to work in the UK.
So UK citizens now has to prove that they have a right to work in the UK in order to avoid "racial discrimination." Barking mad! And how does one go about this exactly?

Is this compulsory ID cards by the back door?

Sven said:
Ancient_Mariner said:
Were they employed directly by the Home Office or by a cleaning agency?

They were outsourced through an agency. That way due to a degree of separation the Home Office had the all necessary legal cover of deniability.

But of course you know how it works don't you sven? Your faux ignorant enquiry was worthy of a Hoon or a Blair. But then of course you are a politician now aren't you?

whitecity asks,
"there is already a law in place why didn't HMG use it?"

The simple answer is that the lower wages kept inflation down. And keeping inflation down takes precedent over keeping illegals out.

Sven said:
Typical

Crooked businessmen break the law and Lsquared blames the Labour government

:roll:
Unfortunately most of these end up in politics :x

Biped

LE
Book Reviewer
Face jail for employing illegal immigrants? Face jail for burglary? Face jail for street robberies? Face jail for drug dealing?

I don't think so.

Successive British governments for the last 50 years at least have been out to drive worker's wages down by whatever means available.

The easiest way to accomplish this aim has been allowing immigration(and quietly condoning illegal immigration).

Both major political parties take political donations from business and as the time honoured saying has it"there's no such thing as a free lunch"(except if you are a politician).Business is always pushing for more immigration.

A significant proportion of MPs run,or are major stakeholders in,private businesses,so the importation of immigrants will continue under the New Lairbore or the New Liarbore Lite(Cameron's mob).

At the behest of the DWP(Department of Work and Pensions),companies usually employ members of ethnic minorities before considering members of the indiginous population.

New Liarbore also look to the immigrant vote at elections,and will increasingly do so next time,as they are behind in the opinion polls.

Basically speaking Britons are being treated as second class citizens in their own country.

Sven said:
Typical

Crooked businessmen break the law and Lsquared blames the Labour government

:roll:
But, according to you, when the Labour government breaks the law it's OK so long as they work through a recruitment agency.

Spent five minutes looking through your links and found the following:-

The consultation document also says employers should only ask questions about an applicant's immigration status to confirm whether it would affect their hours - such as a student who cannot work more than 20 hours a week during term.
So you can't employ illegals but you can't ask applicants whether they're illegal 'cos that would be racist.

an employee checking service – the first joint pilot between BIA and IPS, which is the next step in improving the support offered to employers;
So the government can't currently tell you if an applicant is legal or illegal. You can't ask the applicant for fear of being done for racism. But if you get it wrong it's 2 years in chokey.

Superb. Classic New Labour.