Those A-Team Walt Moments

Please share your stories of ingenuity in fixing or making essential kit when supplies and tools are unavailable for whatever reason.

To kick things off, I fixed a bog this morning, with knackered diaphragm in syphon with a Swiss Army knife and a plastic stationary folder. There was a floater in the pan for added danger!
59B0CF2F-83E2-4993-A5DA-0E3303BEC764.jpeg

Please share your stories of ingenuity in fixing or making essential kit when supplies and tools are unavailable for whatever reason.

To kick things off, I fixed a bog this morning, with knackered diaphragm in syphon with a Swiss Army knife and a plastic stationary folder. There was a floater in the pan for added danger! View attachment 459027
Are you a plumber?

FakeSheikh2

Old-Salt
As no picture of the floater we can only presume you were doing dangerous work?

To kick things off, I fixed a bog this morning, with knackered diaphragm in syphon with a Swiss Army knife and a plastic stationary folder. There was a floater in the pan for added danger! View attachment 459027
Refer to the RE threads. Sappers improvise for a living. Not for nothing did we call ourselves the ‘Provisional Wing of Blue Peter’.

Not the REME though, they just break stuff.

Not one I did, but one I saw.

A break tank is filled to store water for the intended usage/outlets, its important feature is that it creates an air gap between the mains supply and the point of storage/use to prevent contaminated backflow into the mains supply.

I once saw a wheelie bin being fed by a hose pipe being used as the break tank ......... for a curry gaff. It was not visible from the street as it was around the back of the building, on top of the extension. From the looks of the outside of the bin it had not been cleaned.

I called Anglian Water, funnily the curry gaff was closed down for a week.

No2 daughter shows me her kitchen roller blind. The end cap, the bit that the end fits in to , the bit screwed to the wall had shattered, it had a square hole in it , and could I fix it, Using a bit of 1.5 mm steel plate, an old off cut from a previous job, measured, bent drilled and filed out to size in my workshop, it fitted a treat.

Refer to the RE threads. Sappers improvise for a living. Not for nothing did we call ourselves the ‘Provisional Wing of Blue Peter’.

Not the REME though, they just break stuff.
What was the old saying;

RE = Rough Engineering.

REME = Rough Engineering Made Easy.

Not one I did, but one I saw.

A break tank is filled to store water for the intended usage/outlets, its important feature is that it creates an air gap between the mains supply and the point of storage/use to prevent contaminated backflow into the mains supply.

I once saw a wheelie bin being fed by a hose pipe being used as the break tank ......... for a curry gaff. It was not visible from the street as it was around the back of the building, on top of the extension. From the looks of the outside of the bin it had not been cleaned.

I called Anglian Water, funnily the curry gaff was closed down for a week.
It’s a Bindaloo! shocking it’s in their culture to lash things up, they wrote the book on bodgery

No2 daughter shows me her kitchen roller blind. The end cap, the bit that the end fits in to , the bit screwed to the wall had shattered, it had a square hole in it , and could I fix it, Using a bit of 1.5 mm steel plate, an old off cut from a previous job, measured, bent drilled and filed out to size in my workshop, it fitted a treat.
C10A6C8E-2002-46D5-8BD7-63577E8DC2BD.jpeg
Great work

Latest Threads